SiouxSports.com Forum

WJC Tournament

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that, whenever the WJC happens we keep suckering ourselves into thinking "This year, Team USA will play more like a team than a group of star hockey players?" Seriously, Team Canada played like a team. They accepted accolades as a team. There's no doubt in my mind that Team Canada was the better team.

Now Canada plays Sweden and US plays Russia.

I think Canada/Sweden will be a good game.

Toss up for US/Russia. US beat Russia already but if they play like they did today, Russia will take it.

Why is it that, whenever the WJC happens we keep suckering ourselves into thinking "This year, Team USA will play more like a team than a group of star hockey players?" Seriously, Team Canada played like a team. They accepted accolades as a team. There's no doubt in my mind that Team Canada was the better team.

Now Canada plays Sweden and US plays Russia.

I think Canada/Sweden will be a good game.

Toss up for US/Russia. US beat Russia already but if they play like they did today, Russia will take it.

I got sucked right in this year! Canada looked very beatable in the other games they played and I felt the US looked pretty darn good. Figured this was the year Canada would finally be knocked out of the Gold Medal game. I was sadly mistaken. Our big guns didn't show and as Redwing said, Canada played like a team! Disappointing to say the least! I am not sure if US can beat Russia again. . . especially if they play like they did today. UGHHHHHHH!

Why is it that, whenever the WJC happens we keep suckering ourselves into thinking "This year, Team USA will play more like a team than a group of star hockey players?"

Check out the ratio of Gophers to Sioux.

Ok, I was just taking a swing at that softball there. :lol:

Well, that about sucked! Glad I taped it so I could watch it when I got home! US looked very good for about the first 5 minutes. After that, they started falling apart. Not much else to say. Not even a good game to watch, unless you're Canadian.

And they can't watch....they are all in GF shopping! :lol:

I just can't take another canadian wjc victory!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

You can (and will) until such time as Team USA gets together and decides to put a TEAM together, not a roster of hockey players together.

Team USA needs to swallow their pride and start operating like Team Canada. Make the coach of the team be the USA Hockey Coach of the Year (heck, let him be from any level from juniors to NHL provided he's American and willing to undertake the job), give the Coach full control over who assists him (which may already be the case), and do everything else modelled after Hockey Canada. Yeah, it will be "unAmerican" to mimick our "hated" Hockey rivals to the North, but if that's what it is going to take to win, so be it.

US with another piss poor performance for the Bronze medal game today. Down 4-0 in the 2nd.

I can't believe all of the undisciplined penalties they are taking. You just can't do that in the playoff round. As for Okoposo, he is invisible again today. The comparisons to Iginla are a complete joke.

I guess he heard me 4-1

I can't believe all of the undisciplined penalties they are taking. You just can't do that in the playoff round. As for Okoposo, he is invisible again today. The comparisons to Iginla are a complete joke.

I guess he heard me 4-1

Regardless of the goal, Okposo has been a "me" player today, as well as yesterday (similar to Kessel), and teams are snuffing that out and stopping him very easily.

You can (and will) until such time as Team USA gets together and decides to put a TEAM together, not a roster of hockey players together.

Team USA needs to swallow their pride and start operating like Team Canada. Make the coach of the team be the USA Hockey Coach of the Year (heck, let him be from any level from juniors to NHL provided he's American and willing to undertake the job), give the Coach full control over who assists him (which may already be the case), and do everything else modelled after Hockey Canada. Yeah, it will be "unAmerican" to mimick our "hated" Hockey rivals to the North, but if that's what it is going to take to win, so be it.

I don't think it is quite as simple as that. The US talent pool maybe thirty deep for the age group. They don't have the flexibility to pass on players who may be good enough, but don't necessarily have a great team "makeup".

They were as close as possible to beating Canada last year.

Goaltending and overall team defense seems to me what separates the US and Canada right now. Canada just doesn't seem to give up second shots.