SiouxSports.com Forum

WJC Tournament

Siouxdonyms

Canada is still depending too much on their 17 year olds Tavares, Stamkos and Doughty. Not a formula for success in a tournament that 19 year olds usually dominate.

The question is, who will start in goal? Personally, as an American, I'd rather face Mason.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is, who will start in goal? Personally, as an American, I'd rather face Mason.

I think so, he was a bit suspect on the two Finn goals. According to the announcers (Canadian), he's in because of the ability to play the puck, but he didn't do that well with all the space behind the net on the large ice surface.

I think so, he was a bit suspect on the two Finn goals. According to the announcers (Canadian), he's in because of the ability to play the puck, but he didn't do that well with all the space behind the net on the large ice surface.

i dont think canada will play mason. tavares has shot up the depth chart since the first few games and played well. looks like the usa/canada game is 10 am estern on friday morning. big game for USA hockey. they can beat their rival and jump into the gold medal game but if they lose it will be the same ol song...........

i say cananda win 3-2, late gw goal

i dont think canada will play mason. tavares has shot up the depth chart since the first few games and played well. looks like the usa/canada game is 10 am estern on friday morning. big game for USA hockey. they can beat their rival and jump into the gold medal game but if they lose it will be the same ol song...........

i say cananda win 3-2, late gw goal

Bob McKenzie thinks Bernier will get the start too, though he's not positive.

HUGE game for Team USA. This year's Canada team appears to be a lot weaker than the last 3 years team. One thing they've really banked on the past 3 years is team defense, and they don't seem to be as strong in that area this year. Also, as Sioux Hab-it has mentioned, their offensive load is being carried by their 17 year olds. This year may be the best odds the U.S. has had against Canada in the past several years. Of course, throw in that it's a rival game and it's two North American teams playing one another, and not sure that any of that matters. Since Toews or any other Sioux player is on Team Canada this year, I have NO desire for Canada to win (not that there was much last year, but at least Johnny won gold). Team USA better win!!!! Have to watch it tape delayed however, due to having to go back to work tomorrow! Darn inservice days!

Toews going to be on before the US/Canada game on Friday on TSN.

Sprig, did you find the game (Czech/Russia). It's on NHL Network (Ch. 403).

Yep, I'm watching it. The US/Canada game will be replayed on NHL Network at 5:30PM Eastern (Friday), if you don't get to see it live. Wish we could watch Toews in this game again, rather than just being out injured for the Hawks.

Yep, I'm watching it. The US/Canada game will be replayed on NHL Network at 5:30PM Eastern (Friday), if you don't get to see it live. Wish we could watch Toews in this game again, rather than just being out injured for the Hawks.

I'll have that game on DVR to start watching as soon as I get home at 3p.m. Won't be logging on to any hockey sites until after the game. Good thing about Tennessee, don't have to worry about anyone blowing it for me!!! :lol:

Sure would have been nice to get an off day after the quarters last year. Or the year before. Oh well it will be easier to skip work on Friday.

Odd that was changed this year; wonder if that's the IIHF or the home country of the tourney that sets that? Assume it's IIHF.

I am looking at my Direct tv online programming. It doesnt show a late afternoon replay. In fact it doesnt show a game starting 1PM either.

The NHL network schedule for the medal round is here. My dishnetwork guide showed the first game today but not the second, but both were on. The Canada/Finland re-air is on right now.

I think I heard the TSN announcers between periods of the RUS/CZE game say that the US/Canada could be the late game if CZE lost to Russia.

The NHL network schedule for the medal round is here. My dishnetwork guide showed the first game today but not the second, but both were on. The Canada/Finland re-air is on right now.

I think I heard the TSN announcers between periods of the RUS/CZE game say that the US/Canada could be the late game if CZE lost to Russia.

USA Hockey is reporting that the game will begin at 1p.m.

are there any free webcasts of the game tomorrow? I know some people who would like to see it but dont have NHL network/s or CSTV. I did some searching but havent found much. And that CSTV(I think) online is confusing to me sometimes. THanks for the help, if any.

are there any free webcasts of the game tomorrow? I know some people who would like to see it but dont have NHL network/s or CSTV. I did some searching but havent found much. And that CSTV(I think) online is confusing to me sometimes. THanks for the help, if any.

dont think they are free unless cstv has a free one which i dont think

b2 networks will do webcasts for 5.99 per night i believe on scsu website, thats nice to see considering usually they arent on

Assuming you mean the IIHF WJC Canada - US game (I'm too lazy to look back), check http://channelsurfing.net/ tomorrow for a link . . . they had the TSN feed for the quarterfinal games the other day so I was able to watch from work.

:sad:

yes there is, woops, wrong thread

be on tomorrow http://www.channelsurfing.net/

I think the US squad has a good chance this year. Hopefully they can beat the Canucks. The Canucks basically have Turris in the same spot that Toews was last year but there is a world of difference there at this point. I think the US wins this game. JVR is awesome, he is right there with Kane if not better and will be in the NHL next year. He will be a one and done.

I think the US squad has a good chance this year. Hopefully they can beat the Canucks. The Canucks basically have Turris in the same spot that Toews was last year but there is a world of difference there at this point. I think the US wins this game. JVR is awesome, he is right there with Kane if not better and will be in the NHL next year. He will be a one and done.

This year's Canadian team is nothing like the last nor is the US team.

The Canadian team is depending on three 17 year olds because their top six eligible players are now in the NHL, including Toews and the two Staals. I am not trying to demean Tavares, Stamkos and Doughty because all three are extremely talented and will one day be superstars but just like the NCAA you have to have older players to succeed.

The US of course lost Kane but they are still loaded with penty of 19 year olds and as I said are probably the most balanced US squad I have ever seen. No Long Island between the pipes this year and the US attack is lead by some impressive power forwards vice the doodlebugs who try and play keep away.

The only way Canada wins this one is with lucky bounces and the game of his life from their goaltender.

Thired Period Edit, I was right about goaltending and lucky bounces but I never envisioned so many dumb penalties by the US. Too many men reflects poorly on the coaches.

Finally, Okoposo is nowhere near NHL material. The comparisons to Iginla are a complete joke as he has no finish around the net whatsoever. Perhaps he left UMTC because he knew his ice time would dry up with the return of Carmen.