SiouxSports.com Forum

WJC Tournament

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now have the sports package on digital cable, does that get any of the games, or not really till the medal rounds? :glare:

NHL Network isn't covering any games until the medal round (January 2nd). I was hoping it may be on NHL Center Ice, as it has been in past years, but didn't see it on there either. Not that I could have watched it today anyway, as I totally forgot about the tournament and decided to sleep in, and then remembered it as soon as I woke up. Right now, I'm listening to the replay of the Audiocast to try to figure out who scored. USA is down 0-1 right now, so I'm waiting for the scorefest to begin.

NHL Network isn't covering any games until the medal round (January 2nd). I was hoping it may be on NHL Center Ice, as it has been in past years, but didn't see it on there either. Not that I could have watched it today anyway, as I totally forgot about the tournament and decided to sleep in, and then remembered it as soon as I woke up. Right now, I'm listening to the replay of the Audiocast to try to figure out who scored. USA is down 0-1 right now, so I'm waiting for the scorefest to begin.

Brad put up a box score of the game on his site: UND Blog

The Vancouver fans may have been jerks for booing a couple of years back, but I think the players would take booing over having coke bottles and key chains tossed at them. What classy people the Czechs are. :glare:

And how was that even a penalty? What was Gilles supposed to do? Ask the Czech player if it was OK for him to complete his check? :D

Czech Fans = Bunch of idiots. :ohmy:

canadas john tavares will just miss the cut off for this years draft. bettman needs to let this kid in, if so hes the top pick without question and the next great youngster in the nhl. the more young stars the nhl has can only help the game overall. come on buttman!

and thats just a bad decision by bettman as always.........

NO WAY!! Count me as one who doesn't like to make exceptions. If he didn't want to stagnate his development by being the best player in the league for yet another season, he could have kept his NCAA eligibility open, accelerated his studies, and played in the WCHA like Toews and Kessel did. His fault, and yet another reason why college hockey is better than the CHL!!! :glare:

NO WAY!! Count me as one who doesn't like to make exceptions. If he didn't want to stagnate his development by being the best player in the league for yet another season, he could have kept his NCAA eligibility open, accelerated his studies, and played in the WCHA like Toews and Kessel did. His fault, and yet another reason why college hockey is better than the CHL!!! :glare:

i hear ya. players like this only come around so often and i wish he was just a bit older to be in this draft so we can see him in the nhl sooner. oh well. the race for the top 09' draft pick is on :ohmy:

does it go by record in the nhl or is there a lottery? or was the lottery just a exception coming out of the lockout?

canadas john tavares will just miss the cut off for this years draft. bettman needs to let this kid in, if so hes the top pick without question and the next great youngster in the nhl. the more young stars the nhl has can only help the game overall. come on buttman!

They were talking about the draft on tsn.ca (World Juniors Wrap-up on broadband), and Bob McKenzie talked about the draft. He stated that Steven Stamkos would go higher than Tavares, according to the majority of most GM's, as he's more of a complete player than Tavares at this point. He also stated that this is why Stamkos is playing a regular shift, while Tavares is the 13th forward.

He also stated that this is why Stamkos is playing a regular shift, while Tavares is the 13th forward.

I was thinking about this when I listened to the game yesterday. If Tavares is truly the super player he's made out to be, why didn't he see the ice until 10 minutes into the first period? Crosby, who granted is an huge exception, was playing on the first line in Grand Forks with Patrice Bergeron and Nigel Dawes(?). Toews was consistently on the ice too when he was 17, wasn't he? It seems weird to me though I'm sure I'm missing something.

I was thinking about this when I listened to the game yesterday. If Tavares is truly the super player he's made out to be, why didn't he see the ice until 10 minutes into the first period? Crosby who granted is an huge exception, was playing on the first line in Grand Forks with Patrice Bergeron and Nigel Dawes(?). Toews was consistently on the ice too when he was 17, wasn't he? It seems weird to me though I'm sure I'm missing something.

They said he's not the strongest skater, but does fine on the smaller ice. However, they didn't think he'd be able to hold up and compete to the level they desired on the larger international ice.