SiouxSports.com Forum

Griffin Callahan

NDSU grad

If true--and at this point it looks as though it probably is--he could have done everybody involved a favor and signed with SDSU out of high school. I believe they offered him. :D

I believe we did offer him at one time, but the offer was pulled before he had the chance to sign at SDSU. From what I understand he was waiting on some other schools offers and SDSU signed some other folks...when he finally decided the offer wasn't there then and he signed with UND late.

I believe we did offer him at one time, but the offer was pulled before he had the chance to sign at SDSU. From what I understand he was waiting on some other schools offers and SDSU signed some other folks...when he finally decided the offer wasn't there then and he signed with UND late.

I'll re-phrase--if he wanted to join his brother in Brookings, perhaps he should have just walked on there and hoped to earn a scholarship instead of taking a scholarship from somebody else who UND could possibly have recruited last spring?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I know nothing about the kid, was this a huge loss or does it just open up another scholarship?

I never actually saw the kid play, so it's hard to say. Based upon his high school accomplishments, I think he has a chance to be a player at SDSU, but I'm not sure I'd necessarily call this a huge loss, either. Time will tell, I guess.

Garrett Callahan's brother Griffan transferring to SDSU

This is called leaving with class. :lol:

"Up there, their good players get away with more stuff, and I know with coach (Scott) Nagy that's not the case," Griffan Callahan said Monday night from his parents' home. "I think SDSU has better coaches."

This kind of answers the question that I had in post #11.

Sweeney said last night that the Iowa State game won't be on TV because they ran into technical problems. What does that really mean?

I'm not really sure, especially considering NDSU's game last year from Iowa St. was televised on WDAY. :lol:

Perhaps it has something to do with it being on ESPN Full Court?