SiouxSports.com Forum

UNH/JVR

richthorpe

Well, for everyone who was excited to see the #2 overall Pick of the Flyers I have some bad news...

He was selected to play on the USA WJC team...So, JVR will be abroad while his UNH team travels to Grand Forks Dec 28/29...

What does this mean, we get a weaker UNH team, and the game loses a little star power for me...

I'll just suck it up and wear my Flyers Jersey in protest (Just Kiddin) No man-crush intended...

Besides, I remember last year when we lost 4-5 studs to this tourney...It'll be nice not losing our guys this year and watching the Sioux whoop up on UNH, without JVR...

Thanks to all those who had the inside scoop and were gonna try to get an auto of him for my 11 month old son...

Later, Rich T

Well, for everyone who was excited to see the #2 overall Pick of the Flyers I have some bad news...

He was selected to play on the USA WJC team...So, JVR will be abroad while his UNH team travels to Grand Forks Dec 28/29...

What does this mean, we get a weaker UNH team, and the game loses a little star power for me...

I'll just suck it up and wear my Flyers Jersey in protest (Just Kiddin) No man-crush intended...

Besides, I remember last year when we lost 4-5 studs to this tourney...It'll be nice not losing our guys this year and watching the Sioux whoop up on UNH, without JVR...

Thanks to all those who had the inside scoop and were gonna try to get an auto of him for my 11 month old son...

Later, Rich T

When was the last time the Sioux were in a game where they lost fewer players to the WJT than the other team?

TWO PLAYERS FROM NEW JERSEY!!!!! What's next--Olympic skiers from Louisiana? I work about five feet from JVR's hometown. I like to go to local high school hockey,but I never did get a chance to see him on his high school team. Yet, whenever anyone mentions moving Rutgers up from a club team to NCAA Division 1 nothing happens--which is how I became a Fighting Sioux fan. Good luck USA!!!

I forgot about that WJT. I was looking forward to seeing JVR play here. I would hope that a high pick will be ready to play for the big club next year, but there is no need to rush him....Flyers have some good depth at forward right now.

I see that Bruce McLeod still hasn't backed up his talk that there would be no league games during the World Juniors. Last year Minnesota was able to reschedule to play on Sunday so their players only missed one league game, and this year they play Wayne State. Are other WCHA schools just bad at scheduling, or why is it that they are playing league games, some against tough competition when the WJC is a possibility? Message to Bruce McLeod -- either there should be league games across the board, or there should be none. Be consistent, to make the WCHA championship as fair as it can be with the alternating schedule.

I see that Bruce McLeod still hasn't backed up his talk that there would be no league games during the World Juniors. Last year Minnesota was able to reschedule to play on Sunday so their players only missed one league game, and this year they play Wayne State. Are other WCHA schools just bad at scheduling, or why is it that they are playing league games, some against tough competition when the WJC is a possibility? Message to Bruce McLeod -- either there should be league games across the board, or there should be none. Be consistent, to make the WCHA championship as fair as it can be with the alternating schedule.

Most have escaped with just holiday tourneys and non-conf series the first weekend (Dec 28-29), and only CC at Wisco, and UND at SCSU are being played the final weekend (Jan 4-5) with players gone.

Most have escaped with just holiday tourneys and non-conf series the first weekend (Dec 28-29), and only CC at Wisco, and UND at SCSU are being played the final weekend (Jan 4-5) with players gone.

This is exactly what I mean, it doesn't really affect our series with St. Cloud, but Wisconsin could be without McBain, Geoffrion, Turris and Smith, while CC will be without Billy Sweatt. It effectively takes away the Badger's home ice advantage, and one could argue could make them lose home ice for the playoffs. It obviously affects some teams more than others, and it just so happens that Wisconsin takes the brunt of it this year. McLeod's policy on a number of things seems to be out of sight, out of mind. He says one thing, apparently to appease people, then does another. Remember when the Final Five was going to be switched where Minnesota woudn't have to play the night game unless it was warranted by where they were seeded. I guess I'm just hoping he will follow through.