SiouxSports.com Forum

UND v GVSU

SiouxMD

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmnnn...for those thinking UNO will roll over GVSU...that CWU score is surprising, eh?

The key word to this is "on paper". But games aren't played on paper. And Behrns-coached teams aren't very effective in the playoffs, either. If they don't have the talent to make a run to Florence this year, when will they?

Hmnnn...for those thinking UNO will roll over GVSU...that CWU score is surprising, eh?

I'm not that surprised I thought it would be close but with more points. CWU had a very poor game the first time around with UNO, I think they game up 2 or 3 special teams TD's.

The key word to this is "on paper". But games aren't played on paper. And Behrns-coached teams aren't very effective in the playoffs, either. If they don't have the talent to make a run to Florence this year, when will they?

They have the talent, they just always seem to underperform in the playoffs. Maybe if they get the monkey off their back today, they can relax and get back on track for the rest of the playoffs.

Here's the UND-GVSU box score. The rushing and rushing defense numbers are really ugly for the Sioux. And remember, GVSU was giving up more than 150 yards per game on the ground on average.

I would expect nothing less.

On offense, for whatever reason, we never even made an attempt to establish the run. Murray was effective when given the opportunity, Battle never saw the field. Apparently the game plan was, just bide our time until we have the wind at our back, then throw 2 yard slants.

I would expect nothing less.

On offense, for whatever reason, we never even made an attempt to establish the run. Murray was effective when given the opportunity, Battle never saw the field. Apparently the game plan was, just bide our time until we have the wind at our back, then throw 2 yard slants.

Yes, I'm at a loss to explain why we didn't make more of an attempt to run the ball.