SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Grand Valley State

fightingsioux4life

Ok, let's just give up then, concede we are and will always be a little old DII regional school, and make everyone listen on the radio. :D

NDSU is ahead of us, in large part, because of the small-time mentality shown by UND's administration and many UND supporters. In my opinion, UND should be striving toward televising EVERY football game. We're obviosuly not there yet, but that should be the long-term goal. There should be no reason not to expect the biggest games of the year to be televised.

This argument might make some sense if you were talking about a home game. I'd still disagree with it, but at least it would make sense. But making this argument with the game in Michigan makes absolutely no sense.

The strategy of not televising games has paid huge dividends for the Chicago Blackhawks. That is a business model that I would want to mirror. I agree, there should be a bigger effort to get the games on TV. That is how you grow your fan base and expand it beyond the city limits of Grand Forks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, it would be stupid if the UND Athletic Dept. is not busting a$$ to get your game on TV. TV exposure can only help a program.

At the start of the season, I was listening to Lennon talk about advertising and televised games and I believe he stated that he wishes all home games could be on TV. It is huge in recruiting players and in bringing in new fans that will eventually start attending games in person. People watch the games on TV and get excited and then start going to the games live...

I was told by a friend of a friend, who's cousin knew someone that worked at a Bar, that was married to a UND football player in the 60's who in High School was Coached by a now TV producer who once lived in Michigan.....

Look for a announcement by Wednesday or Thursday.....Game ON!

Confirmed by cheesemover in another thread...so sounds like we can take that to the bank.