SiouxSports.com Forum

Radke?

Prpichrocks_19

C'MON GUYS BACK OFF RADKE

How many of you posters have worn a sweater in either high school, juniors or college hockey?

That's what I thought.

Kyle Radke is a vital piece to this hockey team even if he doesn't light the lamp or show up on the scoresheet each night. Yea, I'll admit in the penalties section.

Regardless, Radke plays a vital role to the complexity of this hockey team. He's followed the staff's wish to play defense, forward and back several times during the last couple seasons. Yet, he's taken that in stride for the betterment of this organization.

He is a protector and a very physical player that UND hockey has come to love. If he was 6'4" everyone would be in love w/ him. He uses the gifts that God gave him way beyond a guy 5'10" should. He brings grit, and raw determination to this team. He protects the stars when things get out of hand. He's willing to sacrifice his playing time to protect his teammates.

Kyle Radke is a total team player. I think it is time all you folks start appreciating players that are role players and not superstars. It's the role players that add alot to winning National Championships.

Get off the Radke bashing and start appreciating the positives of this team. Everyone is so quick to bash guys yet never, ever donned a uniform w/ the exception of a "D" level Men's beer league.

Shame on you guys for always jumping on the bandwagon because a player doesn't make a road trip. If you all were so passionate about this board and start attending all the games and cheering like the Badger faithful do, we'd never lose a home game. The Ralph is a morgue most nights except when we score 2 or 3 goals in the first. Some nights the Ralph is so quiet, with the exception of the pre-game video and starting line-ups, that you can hear a pin drop.

We could learn a few things about Buckyland. Even when Big Joe gives ol' Bucky the Business!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking about stupid and costly penalties. One is not "better" than another. In fact the penalties that Porter took in the last two Frozen Fours turned out to be very costly, and this was from a player that I feel should have known better. You guys are all trying to make Radke the goat here and I think it's pure bull$%!#. When is the last time Radke cost this team a national semi-final game by taking a stupid penalty? The season is still young, I simply don't see the need to single out one guy and say "he is the root of all of this teams problems." All it does is show how many of you out there really have no goddamn clue whatsoever about what goes on with this team. The reality here is that Kyle Radke probably doesn't give a s&!t what a bunch of dumbasses on a message board think of him. Like it or not, he is still a key part of the greatest college hockey program in the country.

first of all, i don't think anyone is or was saying that radke is the "root of all problems", if it was said in another area, then i agree with you that he is not, but i am not going to go sift through pages of posts to be sure. i believe that the main discussion was about why radke is sitting and other players are getting playing time, for this i will refer to the end of your rant... "All it does is show how many of you out there really have no goddamn clue whatsoever about what goes on with this team." hak makes the decisions and obviously he feels the other players have earned the time over radke. i will again say that i think radke is a great hockey player, who is now battling for ice time with other very good hockey players. if hak decides to keep him out of the lineup, im sure there is a reason. noone is saying radke doesn't deserve to be on the team, but if other players have earned the right to dress over him, i don't think you should take it so personally... "The reality here is that Kyle Radke probably doesn't give a s&!t what a bunch of dumbasses on a message board think of him." which would include yourself most likely. its easy to write a long post when all you have to do is copy and paste half of it :silly: i've got nothing against radke, or yourself for that matter, i just think you have taken this topic down the wrong gravel road.

first of all, i don't think anyone is or was saying that radke is the "root of all problems", if it was said in another area, then i agree with you that he is not, but i am not going to go sift through pages of posts to be sure. i believe that the main discussion was about why radke is sitting and other players are getting playing time, for this i will refer to the end of your rant... "All it does is show how many of you out there really have no goddamn clue whatsoever about what goes on with this team." hak makes the decisions and obviously he feels the other players have earned the time over radke. i will again say that i think radke is a great hockey player, who is now battling for ice time with other very good hockey players. if hak decides to keep him out of the lineup, im sure there is a reason. noone is saying radke doesn't deserve to be on the team, but if other players have earned the right to dress over him, i don't think you should take it so personally... "The reality here is that Kyle Radke probably doesn't give a s&!t what a bunch of dumbasses on a message board think of him." which would include yourself most likely. its easy to write a long post when all you have to do is copy and paste half of it :silly: i've got nothing against radke, or yourself for that matter, i just think you have taken this topic down the wrong gravel road.

I'm not going to look for the post, but soohockey15 had some pretty harsh things to say about Kyle. Stuff like "he is not a leader," and "he can't play defense," and "he brings nothing at all to this team." I'm not saying that he doesn't take some stupid penalties, but he's not the only player in Sioux hockey history to do so, and some of them have been far more costly. I have not taken this topic down the wrong road, not by defending Radke, that was done by the clueless wonders spewing there stupidity.

if there were posts stating he is not a leader or not a great hockey player, i am on your side, i was just stating that the basis of this topic was why radke was not dressing or getting playing time.

For those of you that want to check out the wisdom of our fans, refer to the following post #'s in this thread: 11,25,27,28,36,37. They have nothing to do with the fact that there is a battle for playing time on this team.

Why do some fans only cheer for some players and they cut down other players? Shouldnt you cheer for the whole team? The best TEAMS win championships and there are lots of different formulas that make up the chemistry to a championship team, besides just talent.

I think year in and year out the Gophers have more skill and depth then us(Michigan too). There 10th and 15th best players have more skill than ours, but we make up for it by our players character, competitiveness, grit and their commitment to the Tradition of the progarm. That is something Minnesota has lacked the most the last 4 to 5 years.

Do you think Fabian or Prpich would have ever had a successful college career at Minnesota?

My point is if you want to be a Sioux fan cheer for all the guys, not just the top 2 o3 players. Because they are all valuable assets to the team.

Why do some fans only cheer for some players and they cut down other players? Shouldnt you cheer for the whole team? The best TEAMS win championships and there are lots of different formulas that make up the chemistry to a championship team, besides just talent.

I think year in and year out the Gophers have more skill and depth then us(Michigan too). There 10th and 15th best players have more skill than ours, but we make up for it by our players character, competitiveness, grit and their commitment to the Tradition of the progarm. That is something Minnesota has lacked the most the last 4 to 5 years.

Do you think Fabian or Prpich would have ever had a successful college career at Minnesota?

My point is if you want to be a Sioux fan cheer for all the guys, not just the top 2 o3 players. Because they are all valuable assets to the team.

i for sure think fabian and prpich would have been very successful at minny. they would have turned their team image and attitude around and give them grit and toughness which they dont have and havent had in a few years. protecting the goalie, throwing in a few goals and a scrap here and there!

there isnt a thing wrong with praising players all the time right?? so that means when a player isnt playing well or making dumb decisions they can be scrutinized for it. come on. it goes both ways and cant be a one way street. i think sioux fans are pretty damn great fans overall and we cheer for the team like you say you have to do "to be a sioux fan" right :silly: and not sure about what you read but the fan base here has a wide variety of favorite players, just read that thread on favorite players ect.....

man i cant wait to play the bulldogs!!

i for sure think fabian and prpich would have been very successful at minny. they would have turned their team image and attitude around and give them grit and toughness which they dont have and havent had in a few years. protecting the goalie, throwing in a few goals and a scrap here and there!

there isnt a thing wrong with praising players all the time right?? so that means when a player isnt playing well or making dumb decisions they can be scrutinized for it. come on. it goes both ways and cant be a one way street. i think sioux fans are pretty damn great fans overall and we cheer for the team like you say you have to do "to be a sioux fan" right :silly: and not sure about what you read but the fan base here has a wide variety of favorite players, just read that thread on favorite players ect.....

man i cant wait to play the bulldogs!!

Criticism is fine. Blatant ignorance and stupidity is something else.

I am a Sioux fan, and I do cheer for all the players. But, as odd as this may sound, I actually form opinions on players as I watch them. I have told you my opinion on Radke. Do I hate him? Absolutely not, but as you can tell I really don't like the way he plays. I'd like to see him change his game but after seeing him play for the last three years I realize this isn't likely to happen.

Yeah, don't bother with facts, it's always easier just to call someone a worthless piece of s&!t.

i know, ive dealt with almost all of these players on different levels and i do think its kind of hilarious how fast someone judges a players importance to the team. Fact: Radke takes some stupid penalties(as well as some others in the past). Fact: He has a bigger role in this team than people on here think. When you dont know first hand what goes on in the locker room or on the bench and the only time you see a player is in his jersey on the ice, you need to shutup and not give a retarded opinion on him and try to explain things like you actually know what goes on other than on game night and what a player brings to a team. its more than just raw offensive skill guys.

End of rant.

More so than anything else, I believe that Prpich is held in such high regard by many is because he always worked hard, always had a smile on his face, was a total team player, and finally, he simply was a character. He brought things to the game you typically just don't see or experience. Not all were good, but much was, especially his last two years. No insinuation here about capabilities or anything else, just that Mike developed a following because of who he was.

i know, ive dealt with almost all of these players on different levels and i do think its kind of hilarious how fast someone judges a players importance to the team. Fact: Radke takes some stupid penalties(as well as some others in the past). Fact: He has a bigger role in this team than people on here think. When you dont know first hand what goes on in the locker room or on the bench and the only time you see a player is in his jersey on the ice, you need to shutup and not give a retarded opinion on him and try to explain things like you actually know what goes on other than on game night and what a player brings to a team. its more than just raw offensive skill guys.

End of rant.

Well said.

I for one don't think he is worthless - I would just like to see others such as Forney get a shot over Radke.

I still don't understand what some people's fascination with giving Forney a shot over someone is. Yes, he's a good player, but he was injured and had surgery this summer. And the games I saw him play in, (@ MTU, vs. CC) he showed to me that his strength/conditioning wasn't at the same level of his teammates. When he shows in practice that he's got his legs under him to be able to play a full game, then put him in the line-up on a regular basis. If he earns it.

...I think year in and year out the Gophers have more skill and depth then us(Michigan too).... There 10th and 15th best players have more skill than ours, but we make up for it by our players character, competitiveness, grit and their commitment to the Tradition of the progarm. That is something Minnesota has lacked the most the last 4 to 5 years.

I usually agree with your posts, but honestly the Sioux are never undermanned vs. the Gophers or Michigan. The Gophers in case you didn't notice made the Frozen Four three years ago gritting out two home OT games in the regional. Two years ago we had the HC game which we fans will deservedly suffer for a long time. Last year they showed plenty of grit all season winning both the league and Final Five. Then they came up a goal short vs. a pretty damn good Sioux team who probably should have won the whole tourney.

Then they came up a goal short vs. a pretty damn good Sioux team who probably should have won the whole tourney.

You're probably right there. The last few years, our team has picked the most inopportune time to self-destruct. The past two Frozen Four losses for the Sioux would be so much more tolerable if we hadn't actually beaten ourselves.