SiouxSports.com Forum

R.I.P. Marty Schriner

NoDakHockey281183

Marty kicks some serious a$$. I remember him being one the first players that really stuck out (one of my favorites) when I first got to UND 1993.

I agree Marty was kind of like an original Prpich very scrappy and a little irritating to opponents, but we loved him because he wore the correct Jersey

I also have had the pleasure of knowing him as Mr. Schriner at my sons junior high. He was a VERY GOOD teacher who changed young impressionable lives. I have also seen him recently as a hockey coach and his love of the game is so obvious Truly tragic and sad.

I agree Marty was kind of like an original Prpich very scrappy and a little irritating to opponents, but we loved him because he wore the correct Jersey

I also have had the pleasure of knowing him as Mr. Schriner at my sons junior high. He was a VERY GOOD teacher who changed young impressionable lives. I have also seen him recently as a hockey coach and his love of the game is so obvious Truly tragic and sad.

Yeah it is a sad loss, like I said I admired the way he played the game and if I had been a hockey player I would have wanted to play the game way Marty did but there was some players that made the game fun to watch, he was one of them. I agree the fans loved him, when I first got to UND there wasn't a lot to cheer about in requards to UND hockey. Ironic how the Hardnosed players a lot of time tend to be the ones that leave the biggest impressions on the youth and people they come in contact with and mentor.

I believe that he played the game by the motto Play or go home.

Edited by Goon