SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo Force

NDSUguy

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/i...section=Opinion

I can't believe that this gets stuff gets printed.... This has nothing to do with NDSU or its athletics. This article is entirely biased and lacks any acknowledgment of the other side of the issue....

The Fargo Force was a name that was chosen due to submissions from the citizens of Fargo. I can't believe that this has anything to do with UND or with NDSU.

Furthermore, NDSU's transition to D1 athletics had more to do with the opportunity to do well at the next level than with our desire or "jealousy" of UND hockey!

Jacobs argued his point all wrong. What does NDSU have to do with any of this?

That being said, it is pretty low that the fargo force went with that name after all of the hype and publicity the "Force of the North" has received the past couple years. New nickname or not, UND coined this phrase for its marketing efforts. For someone to draw attention away for the UND Marketing staff's hard work is unprofessional.

I guess it doesn't matter. The last two USHL teams folded in Fargo, why would this one be any different? You can't compete against youth hockey, high school hockey and UND hockey. That is why the USHL flourishes in non-hockey markets like Iowa and Nebraska and folds in hockey markets like Minnesota and North Dakota.

Jacobs argued his point all wrong. What does NDSU have to do with any of this?

That being said, it is pretty low that the fargo force went with that name after all of the hype and publicity the "Force of the North" has received the past couple years. New nickname or not, UND coined this phrase for its marketing efforts. For someone to draw attention away for the UND Marketing staff's hard work is unprofessional.

I guess it doesn't matter. The last two USHL teams folded in Fargo, why would this one be any different? You can't compete against youth hockey, high school hockey and UND hockey. That is why the USHL flourishes in non-hockey markets like Iowa and Nebraska and folds in hockey markets like Minnesota and North Dakota.

It was left to a popular vote, and the Force won. I don't see any conspiracy there.

It was left to a popular vote, and the Force won. I don't see any conspiracy there.

There was nothing that said they couldn't go to the 2nd most voted for choice if they felt the Force would create waves. But maybe they wanted to create waves.

What is interesting is that the UP Center's General Manager and Director of Marketing used to work for REA. They were well aware of the "Force of the North"

There probably won't be a fight from UND's camp as their Director of Marketing resigned last summer and they have yet to hire someone. plus, i think they have enough on their hands as is.

Fargo doesn't need UND's permission or approval to name their team the Force. There is no conspiracy or anything like that. Force is the name they chose and it has nothing to do with getting UND.

I'm more troubled by the fact that they chose Force as I think it's a stupid nickname. What the hell is a Force?

There was nothing that said they couldn't go to the 2nd most voted for choice if they felt the Force would create waves. But maybe they wanted to create waves.

What is interesting is that the UP Center's General Manager and Director of Marketing used to work for REA. They were well aware of the "Force of the North"

There probably won't be a fight from UND's camp as their Director of Marketing resigned last summer and they have yet to hire someone. plus, i think they have enough on their hands as is.

I can tell you for a fact that the management of the hockey operation had the "Force" down their list quite a way in terms of desired names. The fan vote won the day, and that's pretty much it.

Fargo doesn't need UND's permission or approval to name their team the Force. There is no conspiracy or anything like that. Force is the name they chose and it has nothing to do with getting UND.

I'm more troubled by the fact that they chose Force as I think it's a stupid nickname. What the hell is a Force?

A force is mass times acceleration.

OR, you could go the Merriam Webster way and say that a force is "strength or energy exerted or brought to bear " or another definition found here.

:)

It was better than giant douche or turd sandwich.

I think this team will do better than the prior USHL teams. Fargo will actually have a venue with a normal sized sheet of ice.