SiouxSports.com Forum

How would the Sioux fare....

Redneksioux

First off, we'd need to dose up in order to make Wild hockey entertaining to watch.

Secondly, we wouldn't fare too badly against the Wild. I don't think we'd win, but we wouldn't lose 9-3 either.

Thirdly, I'd love to see Boogaard play in a league where no fighting would be allowed. Someone say PYLON?

Lastly, I'd love to see the type of exhibition UManitoba got. They got to play an exhibition against an NCAA team (which in translation could mean an exhibition against perhaps a WHL or OHL team) and they got to play the Manitoba Moose. I'd love to see the Sioux play an exhibition against an ECHL or AHL club. If it were remotely possible, I'd say it would have to be Manitoba (AHL) though.

You really need to take off your redwing colored glasses. Your bias is showing. The wild are an exciting bunch to to watch and they actually scored three goals the other night. Boogey man is the bomb as well...edit

You really need to take off your redwing colored glasses. Your bias is showing. The wild are an exciting bunch to to watch and they actually scored three goals the other night. Boogey many is the bomb as well...

juggernot as you say :lol:

Secondly, we wouldn't fare too badly against the Wild. I don't think we'd win, but we wouldn't lose 9-3 either.

LOL! This is just an incredible, incredible statement even for a cheerleader such as yourself.

Easily the most idiotic thing you have ever said and that is saying a lot.

LOL! This is just an incredible, incredible statement even for a cheerleader such as yourself.

Easily the most idiotic thing you have ever said and that is saying a lot.

I am thinking he said that tounge in cheek. :lol: I think the wild even in Redwing's world would clobber the Sioux.

With or without Boogeyman.

I would tend to think they are more exciting that the geriatric boys of detroit.

I dunno.

They may be old, but they do score goals... A LOT.

If anything, geriatric hockey is the Wild style du jour! Well, you may say it isn't this year, but I haven't seen the Wild play all that much yet. I'll have to endure a game to see if they actually do try to play offense instead of just lulling the other team (and all of the fans) to sleep.

Major junior versus NCAA hockey is a difficult comparison, because the style of play is so different. Clearly, thry compete from the same talent pool. JT was the number 1 player taken in the WHL bantam draft. Major junior is still the most direct route to the NHL, but NCAA is catching up. Could the Sioux compete against CHL teams? Definitely yes. Would the Sioux dominate CHL teams? Definitely no. Would the Sioux compete with an NHL team? Are you out of your mind?!!!! :silly: THe worst player on an NHL team was a super stud in college or major junior. a 10 goal a year NHL player probably scored 40 in the CHL.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it would be no contest. The Sioux would clobber any CHL team. The WCHA is comprised of players that are just too big and too strong for these young teenagers to take on.

Now if the age of college hockey were reduced by a couple of years, then yes, the CHL would probably beat most college teams. But not the Sioux or Minnesota. Both these teams tend to have several first round picks in their lineup. That is pretty hard to match even for a high end CHL team.

Wing77 - i want whatever you were on when you made that statement. :crazy:

I didn't see any emote indicating that wing77 was kidding when he said "we wouldn't fair to badly against the wild" ....... :glare:

I will pass on whatever you were on when you made that statement :love:

I dunno.

They may be old, but they do score goals... A LOT.

If anything, geriatric hockey is the Wild style du jour! Well, you may say it isn't this year, but I haven't seen the Wild play all that much yet. I'll have to endure a game to see if they actually do try to play offense instead of just lulling the other team (and all of the fans) to sleep.

Well lets see the Wild are 3-0, the have shut out two opponents and have score, 1 goal, 2 goals and 3 goals respectively.

That is actually quite a bit more than a few other teams. ala the Bruins.

Well lets see the Wild are 3-0, the have shut out two opponents and have score, 1 goal, 2 goals and 3 goals respectively.

That is actually quite a bit more than a few other teams. ala the Bruins.

The Bruins are one of the worst teams in the NHL, if not the worst.

The shutouts don't surprise me. I never claimed the Mild sucked at defense or goaltending. In fact, that's their strength right there.

Edmonton isn't playing very well. I caught the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period of that game and noticed that the word SLOPPY suited them best. When they needed to be sharp, they sucked. They actually back-passed in their own zone with an empty net with less than 30 seconds in the game! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! They then miss the puck and allow Minnesota to get in there and jam the puck against the boards. WOW!

If Edmonton keeps that up, it's gonna be a long season for them.

As for the Wild, they were sloppy in the 3rd period last night according to the radio guys. But at least they could afford to be. Backstrom is turning into a really good goaltender.