SiouxSports.com Forum

Shattucks 2007 - 2008 Roster

siouxnami

Is David Carle, Matt's younger brother? And if so, is there any interest in him. If he is anything like Matt that would not only be a steal, but would be an excellent pick up.

Yes, brothers. I hear that he is a good player BUT not nearly the player Matt was. I figure since DU took John Lee, why not reverse it (insert Gregoire joke here).

thanks for the list nami. i have a question too(most likely for you). how many possible spots at F and D are left for 09? the recruits for F off the top of my head are: budish, M. bruneteau, and possibly k. zajac. for D, Mattson (2010?), and leddy. thanks

thanks for the list nami. i have a question too(most likely for you). how many possible spots at F and D are left for 09? the recruits for F off the top of my head are: budish, M. bruneteau, and possibly k. zajac. for D, Mattson (2010?), and leddy. thanks

Here is my best GUESS. As the Mario thing proves, sometimes weird stuff happens.

Currently we have 16 forwards and 6 defense eligible for 09. USUALLY only the most elite players leave after 2 years with more NHL caliber players leaving after 3. Given that I think VandeVelde could be gone and LaPoint may as well considering he dominated in the USHL last year. That would leave 15 and 5. There are always unexpected losses (Sparky, Bishop) and players that end up not playing (Beaverson, Hamilton). Who knows what will happen with Forney? With that in mind I think would guess that we have room for maybe 1 or 2 more forwards (target of 15 or 16) and maybe 3 more defenders of which 1 or 2 could com in 08. There is also the possibility that an 09 could go to 10

Chris VandeVelde

Darcy Zajac

Michael Forney

Brad Malone

Evan Trupp

Matt Frattin

Brent Davidson

David Toews

Brett Bruneteau

Mike Cichy

Brett Hextall

Jason Gregoire

Mario Lamoureux

Danny Kristo

Mike Fink

Danny Mattson

Chay Genoway

Derrick LaPoint

Jake Marto

Ben Blood

Corey Fienhage

Joe Gleason

Here is my best GUESS. As the Mario thing proves, sometimes weird stuff happens.

Currently we have 16 forwards and 6 defense eligible for 09. USUALLY only the most elite players leave after 2 years with more NHL caliber players leaving after 3. Given that I think VandeVelde could be gone and LaPoint may as well considering he dominated in the USHL last year. That would leave 15 and 5. There are always unexpected losses (Sparky, Bishop) and players that end up not playing (Beaverson, Hamilton). Who knows what will happen with Forney? With that in mind I think would guess that we have room for maybe 1 or 2 more forwards (target of 15 or 16) and maybe 3 more defenders of which 1 or 2 could com in 08. There is also the possibility that an 09 could go to 10

Chris VandeVelde

Darcy Zajac

Michael Forney

Brad Malone

Evan Trupp

Matt Frattin

Brent Davidson

David Toews

Brett Bruneteau

Mike Cichy

Brett Hextall

Jason Gregoire

Mario Lamoureux

Danny Kristo

Mike Fink

Danny Mattson

Chay Genoway

Derrick LaPoint

Jake Marto

Ben Blood

Corey Fienhage

Joe Gleason

I think that either Matt Bruneteau or Brett Kostolansky would be good additions considering teams rarely have only 6 Dmen and with a chance of Lapoint leaving I think Hakstol would address this and pick up 2 dmen. I noticed that Brett would be an '08 recruit but I didnt see Matt's name on Chris's list but while checking i noticed Ben Montgomery's name and saw it on the shattuck roster he is a pretty young kid and i believe this is his second year maybe he could turn out to be a good '09 prospect.

I think that either Matt Bruneteau or Brett Kostolansky would be good additions considering teams rarely have only 6 Dmen and with a chance of Lapoint leaving I think Hakstol would address this and pick up 2 dmen. I noticed that Brett would be an '08 recruit but I didnt see Matt's name on Chris's list but while checking i noticed Ben Montgomery's name and saw it on the shattuck roster he is a pretty young kid and i believe this is his second year maybe he could turn out to be a good '09 prospect.

unless you are EJ and the number 1 overall pick d men usually take 2-3 years to develop in college before turning pro. derrick will not be going anywhere anytime soon. cant wait to see him on the ice, also vande will be a 3 or 4 year player depending on his progress. i know exactly what you are saying though nami with unexpected departures. they happen every year usually with every team.

We should include Ryan Walters and Anders Lee as players to get.

unless you are EJ and the number 1 overall pick d men usually take 2-3 years to develop in college before turning pro. derrick will not be going anywhere anytime soon. cant wait to see him on the ice, also vande will be a 3 or 4 year player depending on his progress. i know exactly what you are saying though nami with unexpected departures. they happen every year usually with every team.

I don't know AZ. Derrick is already one year out of high school since he played last year in the USHL. Skill wise he could step in the the NHL right now it's just a matter of being physically mature to handle the rigors of the NHL grind.

I don't know AZ. Derrick is already one year out of high school since he played last year in the USHL. Skill wise he could step in the the NHL right now it's just a matter of being physically mature to handle the rigors of the NHL grind.

you could be exactly right, i dont really care right now, lets worry about this season and what he does then he will be evaluated from his nhl team. i say he stays 2 years. if he doesnt oh well. cant wait to see him this season!!

Well, we bring in three Shattuck kids in 08 (Toews, Bruneteau, Blood). We hardly recruited Jordy Murray for some reasons that I won't say. Montpetit and Stephan wanted to play at Wisconsin in the first place.

those 3 will be nice to have and im sure there will be 3 or so more in the next couple classes as well! they produce solid players

Brother/Dad don't say nice things about UND, from what I'm told.

oh well. he lasted 2 years. won freshman of the year in the wcha and went to play in europe after being injured that 2nd season. very strange path to the nhl if he ever makes it. maybe he didnt like school but ten shattucks not a cake walk i suppose either.

Eidsness probably comes in as #1 in 08. Expect another recruit for 09, Lee from Roseau has been mentioned.

How do you know this?

Grieco and Eidsness will come into the season on the same plane as Phil and JPar. I'm sure Eidsness will see plenty of time, but I don't expect him to be the man from day 1 just because he was good enough to be drafted.

I thought that way with Frazee, but he never beat out Briggs even though Briggs was always suspect against top teams.

How do you know this?

Grieco and Eidsness will come into the season on the same plane as Phil and JPar. I'm sure Eidsness will see plenty of time, but I don't expect him to be the man from day 1 just because he was good enough to be drafted.

I thought that way with Frazee, but he never beat out Briggs even though Briggs was always suspect against top teams.

probably just his opnion like we all have :) i say grieco needs to show something this season when he does get starts which i dont think will be that many.

I don't think Grieco will get that many starts, especially early in the season. Start him out slow.

However, I think Hakstol will go to him once he and Eidsness are the two big names. They will rotate until one either pulls away (like JPar did) or just continue with the rotation.

I don't think Grieco will get that many starts, especially early in the season. Start him out slow.

However, I think Hakstol will go to him once he and Eidsness are the two big names. They will rotate until one either pulls away (like JPar did) or just continue with the rotation.

How do you know this?