SiouxSports.com Forum

Green/White Weekend

yeah sioux sioux

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've mentioned this before, but how about getting some of the players to go on the radio stations and talk about this. I'm pretty sure that they would like nothing more than have a sea of green/white out there, especially for the goophs series. After talking to some of the guys last weekend in madtown, they all mentioned how the fans really get into it. I bet if you went to the right people you could get a couple them to help out with this by mentioning it on the radio or something.

they already go on radio on XL93 every Tuesday nights :lol: I am sure they can metion something

Hey, I actually have some posters now!!! But here's the deal: There weren't very many printed off, so I can give you a couple of them and you could put them up at places you work and/or live, and that would be appreciated! Just shoot me a message back on here or through PM (or through Facebook haha) and let me know when/how I can get you some posters! Or you can give me a call on my cell (PM for that)

Leah

Hey, I actually have some posters now!!! But here's the deal: There weren't very many printed off, so I can give you a couple of them and you could put them up at places you work and/or live, and that would be appreciated! Just shoot me a message back on here or through PM (or through Facebook haha) and let me know when/how I can get you some posters! Or you can give me a call on my cell (PM for that)

Leah

I will be in Fargo this weekend if anyone in that vicinity would like some posters... Send me a PM and let me know!

First off, I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, and I want this to work cause I think it is a great idea. But here is my critique of the current situation.

How the Miami Heat of the NBA did it.

As you can see this was a huge promotional activity, full of a ton of publicity. The media was well informed, and so was the public with various events. We are not doing this, I think its specifically cause the REA assumes that you have got it handled. This is something that needs to be handled by the REA, they have the marketing skills, and the money (but their cheap) to handle it.

THERE ARE CORPORATE SPONSORS!!!! This is key, and the most important topic. If you can get a company to come on board quick, pay for the shirts, and actually get the shirts in such a short amount of time it would work. One great way to advertise to the company, is by saying that their logo is on the back, looking right at the person behind them. The shirts are also placed on EVERY seat at the arena before the game.

Lastly, there is only one color. Two colors has grown to confusing, people don't know what night is what, and is likely to cause confusion Friday night, when I think white will look the best. One color takes away the confusion and ensures there isn't mixed crowd.

I'm sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but this what I have observed.

First off, I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, and I want this to work cause I think it is a great idea. But here is my critique of the current situation.

As you can see this was a huge promotional activity, full of a ton of publicity. The media was well informed, and so was the public with various events. We are not doing this, I think its specifically cause the REA assumes that you have got it handled. This is something that needs to be handled by the REA, they have the marketing skills, and the money (but their cheap) to handle it.

THERE ARE CORPORATE SPONSORS!!!! This is key, and the most important topic. If you can get a company to come on board quick, pay for the shirts, and actually get the shirts in such a short amount of time it would work. One great way to advertise to the company, is by saying that their logo is on the back, looking right at the person behind them. The shirts are also placed on EVERY seat at the arena before the game.

Lastly, there is only one color. Two colors has grown to confusing, people don't know what night is what, and is likely to cause confusion Friday night, when I think white will look the best. One color takes away the confusion and ensures there isn't mixed crowd.

I'm sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but this what I have observed.

a little late for this and the people who spent their own time on this did what they could do and thanks for the effort

FRIDAY = GREEN

SATURDAY = WHITE

greenwhite_conv1.jpg

a little late for this and the people who spent their own time on this did what they could do and thanks for the effort

FRIDAY = GREEN

SATURDAY = WHITE

greenwhite_conv1.jpg

I completely agree the work Sioux Yeah Yeah has put into this while being a student is incredible. And I really hope for it to be a success, and maybe model the Heat's approach for future years, win or lose.

The REA is advertising it. I was home at the games last weekend and saw it on the wrap-a-round thing. Green 1/2 way, White 1/2 way. With an explanation on it too. It was clear as day to me. They also had cup stuffers last weekend too.

The REA is advertising it. I was home at the games last weekend and saw it on the wrap-a-round thing. Green 1/2 way, White 1/2 way. With an explanation on it too. It was clear as day to me. They also had cup stuffers last weekend too.

I got the cup stuffer as well and thought what a great job a few students have been doing on this. PASS THE WORD FOLKS!

I got the cup stuffer as well and thought what a great job a few students have been doing on this. PASS THE WORD FOLKS!

But the REA has to spend the dough and go outside the arena. TV Ads, Newspaper Ads, media events. Do you realize how many people travel for this game and have yet to step foot in the REA this season. Also the REA was sold out last weekend, but something tells me the attendees were out of towners in town for the holidays to see family.

We need to face it, REA is cheap. When was the last time you saw a decent ad. They can't even leverage their sponsors into new commercials.

What is the proper protocol for Green and White weekend? Are Sioux hockey jerseys in the corresponding color all right or do you envision green/ white tee shirts with no adornment on the front?

im going with a green sioux jersey friday and white jersey saturday, unless its cool if i rock a black one friday :ohmy:

I will be in Fargo this weekend if anyone in that vicinity would like some posters... Send me a PM and let me know!

Hey folks, sorry to all the Fargo people, but I won't be there this weekend due to the weather today. My family will be coming up tomorrow though, and I can give them some and let them know what's going on. So if you still want some, I can give you contact information if you PM me. Sorry, and thanks for everyone's comments, suggestions, advice, and feedback!

So back on July 24th when I originally posted this idea, I never in my wildest dreams imagined it would work out the way that it did! I think that you guys will be surprised how well this works out (at least I hope so). I originally proposed the idea of starting this to my friends as "want to help start a tradition...?" Even though I graduate in the spring, I hope that this is something that expands every year until it is completely successful. And if I can only make it back for one series a year, I plan on this being it!

Could we have done it better? I'm sure we could have... but will it still take place anyway? Of course! The students should all know what is going on (thanks facebook). Thanks to the many contacts that Leah has, we were able to involve Sioux Crew, the Athletic Department, the Ralph, Sioux Boosters, and numerous other organizations. With the support of the fans demonstrated this weekend, hopefully all the previously mentioned organizations will realize how big of an opportunity this is for future years and most support will come from people other than students to organize this. It amazes me to think that without the few emails sent out at the end of the summer and the one facebook note to a small group of my friends this may not be happening next weekend....

Can't wait to see the turnout, even if it isn't as perfect as we all hope and invision it to be. Sioux fans are dedicated and I know that this event is something that will continue and grow well into the future.

Can't wait to see the turnout, even if it isn't as perfect as we all hope and invision it to be. Sioux fans are dedicated and I know that this event is something that will continue and grow well into the future.

I'm excited to see the results too. It sounds like it's going to work out fine, and would be fun to do it every year.

Thanks to all who put work into this project.

Let's hope that you all are rewarded with a GREAT GREEN/WHITE weekend!