SiouxSports.com Forum

PSB Lost contact!

PSB

PSB here, I am a LICENSED satellite installer in the Twin Cities area and I have installed quite a few systems for fans (And players) Overall I am a Sioux fan. I am NOT here to profiteer (Honest Guv.)

Anywho I just got a call today from a Fan who we shall call Jason H. from St. Paul. He was asking if I am available to repoint his dish..........

Does a bear......... Is the pope a ..........

YES, the problem is I deleted his phone message then tried to call him, next problem is he left the wrong phone # (Or more like I copied it down wrong!)

Anyway Jason if you read this please give me a another call again and I will come over and re-point the dish.

I have a BRAND new satellite meter now that not only shows me the signal/Quality but it can actually show me a picture! So it's now possible to REALLY fine tune these dish and get them CRACK on the satellite!

Go Sioux!

You need to move to Grand Forks

:D I passed by Grand Forks one day a year or so ago but was out-voted on a stop off to see The Ralph. I would love to make it to an actual game one day it seems like an amazing atmosphere. 2nd only to the Glasgow Celtic soccer fans from back home. (Same colors and green wigs)

I guess the next best thing is watching the home (And a few away) games live on first generation digital satellite. Here is hoping for a good strong signal again this season!

Go Sioux

You need to stick a motor on "jason's" system so he can motor on over from 89 to 93 from his lazy-boy :huh:

You know your right, many folks would have saved money if they had just installed a motor from the get go. But of course just a few short years ago most receivers could not be used with a motor, it was not until the Satwork 3688 (With DiSEqC 1.2) hit the market that more of my customers have the option of moving the dish from one satellite to another using just the remote control.

Not only do you get some extra away Sioux games but you get games from all over the country. I only watch live sports, news or music these days. If it's not live I am not interested. Main thing about a motor is you never have to get it repointed.

As I sometimes say..........

Buying a satellite system without a motor is like buying a car without wheels

Cars2.jpg

PSB here, I am a LICENSED satellite installer in the Twin Cities area and I have installed quite a few systems for fans (And players) Overall I am a Sioux fan. I am NOT here to profiteer (Honest Guv.)

Anywho I just got a call today from a Fan who we shall call Jason H. from St. Paul. He was asking if I am available to repoint his dish..........

Does a bear......... Is the pope a ..........

YES, the problem is I deleted his phone message then tried to call him, next problem is he left the wrong phone # (Or more like I copied it down wrong!)

Anyway Jason if you read this please give me a another call again and I will come over and re-point the dish.

I have a BRAND new satellite meter now that not only shows me the signal/Quality but it can actually show me a picture! So it's now possible to REALLY fine tune these dish and get them CRACK on the satellite!

Go Sioux!

Hi Pete,

It was me that called. Thanks letting me know you wrote down the wrong number. I don't know what we would do without our satellite and Sioux hockey. You can reach me at 612-940-6651. I can barely operate a remote, so I'm pretty sure a motorized dish is out of the question. Talk with you soon.

Hi Pete,

It was me that called. Thanks letting me know you wrote down the wrong number. I don't know what we would do without our satellite and Sioux hockey. You can reach me at 612-940-6651. I can barely operate a remote, so I'm pretty sure a motorized dish is out of the question. Talk with you soon.

"I can barely operate a remote"

Seems I can barley operate a phone, so we are on par there :D

I will give you a buzz tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Whoops! I have lost contact with another fan, Bob called me on Monday and never left a full phone number. Bob's phone number ends with 5556. Bob give me a call anytime and I will be sure to get back to you ASAP.

You were asking if these 30" dish can be installed on a roof. Yes, that's where mine is, but it really is a last resort. These bigger dish are better as LOW as they can go. They are so big that if the wind catches them they may flex, and if they are kept low they are easy to clean and wipe off snow and Ice. Remember these "off-set dish "appear" to be aiming lower than where they actually are pointing, usually they are pointing +22

Whoops! I have lost contact with another fan, Bob called me on Monday and never left a full phone number. Bob's phone number ends with 5556. Bob give me a call anytime and I will be sure to get back to you ASAP.

You were asking if these 30" dish can be installed on a roof. Yes, that's where mine is, but it really is a last resort. These bigger dish are better as LOW as they can go. They are so big that if the wind catches them they may flex, and if they are kept low they are easy to clean and wipe off snow and Ice. Remember these "off-set dish "appear" to be aiming lower than where they actually are pointing, usually they are pointing +22

Hey Pete, this looks like the dish you installed on my son's deck in Lakeville.

Right. :lol:

Right! It was the PERFECT location, nice and low so if it does get covered in snow and ice a Hot sponge will save the day!