• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hf thrashers top 20 prospects

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9848...op20_prospects/

18. (15) Michael Forney, LW, 19

3rd round, 80th overall, 2006

A highly successful high school player, Forney saw very little ice time as a freshman for the University of North Dakota, getting into less than half of the team's games. It was a lineup that needed scoring and he is supposed to have the talent to do so. He scored just two assists in 16 games. He did have some shoulder issues, which led to him having surgery at the beginning of the offseason.

Forney, who did come in as a true freshman, will need to step up in a big way as a sophomore. He is still very young at 19.

20. (20) Andrew Kozek, F, 21

2nd round, 53rd overall, 2005

Typically NCAA prospects show a jump in production in their sophomore year, but it didn't materialize for Kozek. The 21-year-old had just five goals and six assists in 41 games for North Dakota last year, a scoring rate slightly down from 2005-06. The 5'11, 185-pounder played often on a checking line, which is not his strength, but his play didn't earn him scoring line minutes.

Kozek has some talent, but his game is very uneven. He has good velocity on his shot, but doesn

Wow, now that is a roster...

Duncan - Oshie - Frattin

Miller - Vandevelde - Watkins

Radke - Kaip - Zajac

Kozek- Trupp - Malone

Chorney - Bina

Finley - LaPoint

Jones - Genoway

Phil

Bench

Martens - Davidson - Forney

Marto

Grieco

Walski

I don't know what the lines will be, but that line I have on the bench could win a few D1 leagues...

college hockey news article, they obviously were not informed on shea hamilton

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2007...northdakota.php

"This is no different than any other year," Hakstol said about the teams expectations. "Our No. 1 goal is to be there in March and April. We have a good core coming back, and we want to come with a good start right out of the gates."

Even though the Sioux lost two players to the NHL, this team is still loaded. Expect this team to look towards a fourth consecutive Frozen Four appearance.

hf blues top prospects

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9849...pects_fall2007/

2. T.J. Oshie, C, 8.0 B

Drafted: 24th Overall, 2005 draft

There was speculation abound that T.J. Oshie, like Johnson, would leave the college ranks to play in the NHL. However, Oshie decided to return to North Dakota for another year.

With a pair of impressive seasons already to his credit, there

i think its pretty clear that oshie is going to center the top line for the sioux, and not be a winger.

i think he may center the top line anyway, i dont think st louis has a say in it either way but i know what your saying

Don't get me wrong, as I mean this as a compliment, but Oshie plays so hard everywhere on the ice he can sometimes get caught up ice, over pursuing . As such I would like to see whoever takes the third spot in the lineup be a strong 2 way player even if he is not the center.

Don't get me wrong, as I mean this as a compliment, but Oshie plays so hard everywhere on the ice he can sometimes get caught up ice, over pursuing . As such I would like to see whoever takes the third spot in the lineup be a strong 2 way player even if he is not the center.

sorry, dont buy it , i know exactly what you are referring to the way he plays but hes in position no matter what he seems to do

sorry, dont buy it , i know exactly what you are referring to the way he plays but hes in position no matter what he seems to do

It's the defensemen who make an untimely choice of when to jump into the play, and then get burnt on odd-man rushes the other way, which bugs me the most. Let's get rid of that all together this year!

It's the defensemen who make an untimely choice of when to jump into the play, and then get burnt on odd-man rushes the other way, which bugs me the most. Let's get rid of that all together this year!

they are going to have to score a lot of goals if they get rid of defense :glare:

per brads blog, good tidbits

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Yesterday, we discussed all of the Minneapolis metro players that have been choosing UND lately. Here is a stat that might be interesting to you, though.

This season's UND squad will have more North Dakota-born players (four) than Minnesota-born players (three). The North Dakotans are Robbie Bina, Jake Marto, Phil Lamoureux and Aaron Walski. The Minnesotans are Joe Finley, Michael Forney and Chris VandeVelde.

T.J. Oshie's hometown is listed as Warroad and Taylor Chorney's as Hastings, but Oshie was born in Washington and Chorney in Thunder Bay, Ont.

The last time this happened, I believe, was the 2004-05 national runner-up team, which featured six North Dakota-born players and five Minnesota-born players.

per brads blog, good tidbits

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Yesterday, we discussed all of the Minneapolis metro players that have been choosing UND lately. Here is a stat that might be interesting to you, though.

This season's UND squad will have more North Dakota-born players (four) than Minnesota-born players (three). The North Dakotans are Robbie Bina, Jake Marto, Phil Lamoureux and Aaron Walski. The Minnesotans are Joe Finley, Michael Forney and Chris VandeVelde.

T.J. Oshie's hometown is listed as Warroad and Taylor Chorney's as Hastings, but Oshie was born in Washington and Chorney in Thunder Bay, Ont.

The last time this happened, I believe, was the 2004-05 national runner-up team, which featured six North Dakota-born players and five Minnesota-born players.

In 04-05 I have 7 Minnesotans (Parise, Stafford, Marvin, Brandt, Smaby, Foyt, Fabian)and 6 North Dakotans (Scheinder, Fuher, Fylling, Lamoureux, Bina, Massen). I am guessing that a couple of the Minnesotans weren't born there. Come to think of it I think Stafford was born in Wisconsin and my other guess would be that Jordy was born outside of Minnesota.

In 04-05 I have 7 Minnesotans (Parise, Stafford, Marvin, Brandt, Smaby, Foyt, Fabian)and 6 North Dakotans (Scheinder, Fuher, Fylling, Lamoureux, Bina, Massen). I am guessing that a couple of the Minnesotans weren't born there. Come to think of it I think Stafford was born in Wisconsin and my other guess would be that Jordy was born outside of Minnesota.

Correct. Drew was born in Milwaukee, WI.