SiouxSports.com Forum

Get ready to move those FTA dishes for the FSSN

iceberg

yep. For most people the move will be easy.

If you are in MN or Eastern ND twist the LNB so its striaght up and down and move dish matbe 1/16" (if you draw a mnark on the mast move it from there) and you should be on IA6. DO NOT TOUCH ELEVATION ON DISH....the elevation is like a .1 degree change

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Isn't this the one used a couple of years ago?

no. They used G3 next doot at 95W a couple years ago

I think I have it - are there a couple of Macys channels?

yep. Should also have in the clear

CBS Newsfeed at 11710 V 14310 (freq, polarity, symbol rate)

Doc Scott & University Network at 11865 V 3516

Macy's (as noted above)

and there are a fair amount of news feeds on there too if you have a blind scan/smart scan/power scan receiver :whistling:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do they service the Fargo area? We have Directv and obviously can't pick up the games on FSSN. I'd like to get something done before the hockey season starts.

Pete has good equipment at very reasonable prices, but I believe he just installs and services the TC area, but you might email him (from his web site) and check. Installation is not that difficult for do it yourselfers. You no doubt can find a local installer to install the equipment also. I installed a motorized system this summer, and, although I had some motor problems, it was replaced and is now working well.

If you do it yourself don't wait until a few days before the first game to get it installed.

Pete has good equipment at very reasonable prices, but I believe he just installs and services the TC area, but you might email him (from his web site) and check. Installation is not that difficult for do it yourselfers. You no doubt can find a local installer to install the equipment also. I installed a motorized system this summer, and, although I had some motor problems, it was replaced and is now working well.

If you do it yourself don't wait until a few days before the first game to get it installed.

Thanks sprig...I'll do that.

thats an understatement :blush:

Since that satellite they are on now (IA6/G26/T6) has feeds and channels up 24/7 its a no brainer...get it done :D

• Upvote 1

Pete can drop ship them to your house or www.sadoun.com sells systems too

It really isn't that hard to install a system. There is a few of us Twin Cities folks with them :blush:

Dumb Logistical Question: I don't have plastic or steel siding, as such is installing this thing and hiding cords going to be a bear?

Dumb Logistical Question: I don't have plastic or steel siding, as such is installing this thing and hiding cords going to be a bear?

Type of siding, if you're installing on a wall, isn't particularly important, you'll want the lag screws through the mast bracket to go into the wall stud behind the siding. Finding a route for the rg6 cable from outside your house into your room with the TV might be the hardest part. How much you "hide" the cable is up to you. Mine goes from the dish through my garage wall, then is clipped to the rafters, and finally, enters my lower level through through the wall ending up above my lower level drop ceiling, back down inside that wall, and out to the receiver/TV. Plan your cable route, the remainder is much easier.

Do you have any rg6 coax cables run into your house now, for cable TV, dish or directtv, etc. The route in may already be there.

• 4 weeks later...

it depends on who they are playing

Last year (checking my list made) we had the following road games on free to air (30" or larger dish)

-Both Wisco road games

-The Dartmouth Tourney

-Alaska road games (needed a 6 foot or larger dish)

-a couple extra b-ball games (the games escape me right now)

But its not just the extra Sioux games. If you have a motorized system you can see college games usually each weekend from other teams. Seen many other games :sad:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1