SiouxSports.com Forum

Photos: Final 5 & Sioux-Gopher Fan Game

PCM

Here's a link to some photos of UND's March 20 game against Duluth during the Final Five and the Sioux-Gopher fan game between SiouxSports.com and Pride On Ice held in Minnetonka March 23.

If anyone knows the names of all the SiouxSports.com players and wants me to post them with the picture, please let me know.

What gave it away Jim? Is it because I'm shorter than everyone else? :p

I'm sorry to say, but I think I might still be mixing up some of you guys. I'll give it a try though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Row (L-R): mksioux, Mory00, 747 Guy, stuckinfargo (a Bison fan! :lol::) ), morley, forecheck

Bottom Row (L-R): Chartreuse Musky Killer, Bacardio, Wantagh

The only two I'm not completely sure about are Wantagh and Musky Killer because you guys have the same real names. :D

Hey PCM, you got me! In the picture with Ryan Hale awaiting the reply decision on the goal at the very top of the picture are 3 Sioux Jerseys. A green and 2 blacks. I'm the green and the other 2 are my buddies.

You got the best part of me. :lol:

Thanks for the link Pat - Great pictures!

Sorry it took a while to get the photos online. Once the prune juice kicked in, I had to go change my Depends. And since I use a walker, it takes a while to get to and from the bathroom. Fortunately, after popping a double dose of Centrum Silver, I was able to stay awake until well after 10 p.m. and get the job done. :D:lol:

Sorry it took a while to get the photos online. Once the prune juice kicked in, I had to go change my Depends. And since I use a walker, it takes a while to get to and from the bathroom. Fortunately, after popping a double dose of Centrum Silver, I was able to stay awake until well after 10 p.m. and get the job done. :p:D

I'll never live that one down...... :lol:

Seriously, I thought you were a student.

It's a little ironic, because you were the one POI regular who I thought was older than student age. :D

I was actually wondering how well the game would come together, given my perceived age gap between the web site audiences.

I've always thought of POI as kind of a social club of U of M students who were interested in hockey and for whom their website was sort of an online clubhouse. SiouxSports, on the other hand, has always been intended as an information source for alums and distant fans, and draws a small percentage of its audience from Grand Forks (read: older). I guess the message board is changing that demographic a bit, so I was glad to see we had a competitive team lurking among us :p

Jim - I'm 36, just a perpetual student and immature. :lol: So I suspect you were right all along...

Actually, there are quite a few of us old guys on POI - Rodentrule! & WPoS are about my age and Donnie & Bladepuller are a tad older. in fact, there is a very broad age demographic on POI and I would guess less than 25% are students or of student age. But that is just a guess. It's evolved into a "clubhouse" as you say, and the main catalyst was getting together for games. This led to tailgating, meeting before games, etc; so many of us know each other personally and not just virtually.

It's funny how we form these mental images of the people behind the monikers. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that we're invariably wrong. I was at the Badger Showdown a few years ago and met someone in the audience who insisted I wasn't Jim Dahl because he's some "bigger old guy". I suggested he might be thinking of Virg Foss, but he was pretty sure there must be some other Jim Dahl associated with UND hockey who's a bigger older guy.

You hit the nail on the head that my impression of POI was largely formed by the tailgating groups and hockey games. Of course, for every person we think of as being in the "core" group of sites like these, there are 10 others with wildly varying demographics.

Greyeagle, I think I knew of your age for some reason, but, if I had not, I wouldn't have guessed student-age based on your references to your kids. Unless you were conceiving them at about age 14, you wouldn't be the typical student. Did your mite enjoy the big frozen ocean at Mariucci?

Greyeagle look like this?

Sam_s.jpg

Oh no, here's a shot of Greyeagle out of hockey gear. :D

Note the faded maroon (almost orange appearing) shirt and gold undershirt and shoes. Dead giveaways. :lol:

Gonzo_s.jpg

I'm not sure which letter of the M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A cheer he's attempting to form in that photo. :p

Greyeagle, where did you find that picture?  I couldn't find any on POI.  I don't even remember anyone taking that.  I was probably too distracted by the hissing tomcats surrounding me.  :lol:  What the hell are you doing worthless?  :D

It's from our first POI game, a year ago February. I had to prove I wasn't actually Gonzo! WPoS isn't on the pic.

Sal has the white Habs jersey on, KBG has the plain white jersey on, and Handy is without skates.