SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 NHL Entry Draft

USA Hockey

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before but I would think it would be logical to recruit another d-men for 08 since it would be realistic to lose Bina, Radke, Finley, Lee, and Chorney, so this doesn't surprise me.

hell, rakde doesnt even play D so cross him off that list but i know whatb you are saying......who would be in at D? blood, marto, lapoint and who else again

hell, rakde doesnt even play D so cross him off that list but i know whatb you are saying......who would be in at D? blood, marto, lapoint and who else again

Jones, Genoway, Gleason, and one other if this was the case. I know it's so far to look ahead but this is what the coaches do when they recruit and for 08 7 d-men is good because you have a cushion. It would be easy to have Genoway at foward again and have him as a last resort d-men. So it makes sense that you recruit another d-men for 08. Even if someone like Chorney or Finley were to stay, then you could have Gleason play juniors for one year.

Jones, Genoway, Gleason, and one other if this was the case. I know it's so far to look ahead but this is what the coaches do when they recruit and for 08 7 d-men is good because you have a cushion. It would be easy to have Genoway at foward again and have him as a last resort d-men. So it makes sense that you recruit another d-men for 08. Even if someone like Chorney or Finley were to stay, then you could have Gleason play juniors for one year.

also that big guy fiehnage or something like that..forgot how to spell it...

Beat my updating of my post. ;)

that is better than the Minot Daily News. They had two articles on the draft. One on Brad Malone and one stating that 6 Gophers were drafted and no mention of the other 5 Sioux that were recruited. I e-mailed the Sports Editor that I was disappointed that they didn't mention the other Sioux recruits and that it was actually 8 Gophers not 6. I then proceeded to give him the names, where they were drafted and by whom of the 8 Gophers and 6 Sioux. He told me that they were AP articles and he could not do anything about it and they would put any other AP articles in the paper. I felt like telling him, that with UND the closest school to Minot, he should have told one of his lazy ass reporters to do some research and write an article. Sorry, had to vent that it is sad when I do more research than his reporters. Especially, when they could have written a paragraph off of the research that I gave them. Ok, I am done now.

that is better than the Minot Daily News. They had two articles on the draft. One on Brad Malone and one stating that 6 Gophers were drafted and no mention of the other 5 Sioux that were recruited. I e-mailed the Sports Editor that I was disappointed that they didn't mention the other Sioux recruits and that it was actually 8 Gophers not 6. I then proceeded to give him the names, where they were drafted and by whom of the 8 Gophers and 6 Sioux. He told me that they were AP articles and he could not do anything about it and they would put any other AP articles in the paper. I felt like telling him, that with UND the closest school to Minot, he should have told one of his lazy ass reporters to do some research and write an article. Sorry, had to vent that it is sad when I do more research than his reporters. Especially, when they could have written a paragraph off of the research that I gave them. Ok, I am done now.

Because two of the Minnesota recruits (Sacchetti and Hansen) have not signed their LOI's, they are not offically Minnesota recruits; stories like this come from the AP who generally, with something like college hockey recruits, lift much of their stories from press releases the schools send out. Obviously if a player hasn't signed his LOI, the coach / university cannot comment on said recruit.

This is likely the case w/ the Sioux recruit that has not signed his LOI.

Because two of the Minnesota recruits (Sacchetti and Hansen) have not signed their LOI's, they are not offically Minnesota recruits; stories like this come from the AP who generally, with something like college hockey recruits, lift much of their stories from press releases the schools send out. Obviously if a player hasn't signed his LOI, the coach / university cannot comment on said recruit.

This is likely the case w/ the Sioux recruit that has not signed his LOI.

So you're saying there's a chance... I read ya. Seriously, I know the Sioux recruited Hansen hard, and I assume the same of Sacchetti, but as usual both the Sioux and the gophers filled their rosters with decent draft picks, so it doesn't sting the Sioux too hard losing out on some top talent.

So you're saying there's a chance... I read ya. Seriously, I know the Sioux recruited Hansen hard, and I assume the same of Sacchetti, but as usual both the Sioux and the gophers filled their rosters with decent draft picks, so it doesn't sting the Sioux too hard losing out on some top talent.

I hope my previous post didn't imply that the Sioux and/or any of their recruits were inferior to that of the Gophers. I kind of got that vibe from your reply, so if I'm mistaken I apologize. Hansen and Sacchetti should feel fortunate to even have their names mentioned on the Sioux board, let alone to be recruited by UND.

I hope my previous post didn't imply that the Sioux and/or any of their recruits were inferior to that of the Gophers. I kind of got that vibe from your reply, so if I'm mistaken I apologize. Hansen and Sacchetti should feel fortunate to even have their names mentioned on the Sioux board, let alone to be recruited by UND.

you didn't - but thanks for the note

No, your post didn't come off like that at all. After Gregoire changed his mind, I was just using the old Dumb and Dumber line to facetiously suggest we still had a shot at Hansen and Sacchetti since they hadn't signed letters. Sorry if it came off differently.

No, your post didn't come off like that at all. After Gregoire changed his mind, I was just using the old Dumb and Dumber line to facetiously suggest we still had a shot at Hansen and Sacchetti since they hadn't signed letters. Sorry if it came off differently.

I hear what you guys are saying, but they still could have had a little thing about the rest of the Sioux recruits. Though, I don't think that had much about Ryan winning the Hobey either or mentioning that Dustin Penner who played for MSU-Bottineau got his name on the Stanley Cup. Just my little rant about my hometown newspaper.