SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Evaluation Camp

USA Hockey

Lapoint may have a chance if he has a great first half of the season. Keep in mind that just because a player is not on the evaluation camp roster, that doesn't mean they don't have a shot at making the team. He would have to step in right away and be an impact player every night.

i guess it was bound to happen with not a player, we have put so many damn players on the usa team ver the last 5 years. then you have the golden boy himself from team canada...nice job representing over the years sioux players!! i still love watching that 04 gold medeal game usa s canada wiht zpar, staff and brady.....still funny to see bradys dad coach team canada as he also won a gold with team usa :bigsmile:

im just glad that the sioux are not a powerhouse like the gophers, then we would have a short roster. :silly: there will be sioux players on the following years' rosters. nothing to worry over.

No kidding, I am more than happy to take a year off... :bigsmile:

im just glad that the sioux are not a powerhouse like the gophers, then we would have a short roster. :bigsmile: there will be sioux players on the following years' rosters. nothing to worry over.

Comon!

Where would KFAN radio rubes be without the excuses that Minnesota sports teams put out! If Minnesota sent no one to the World Juniors, what would Lucia blame for any adversity the second half of the season?

Seriously, let Minnesota have all the hype. I like flying under the radar.

Comon!

Where would KFAN radio rubes be without the excuses that Minnesota sports teams put out! If Minnesota sent no one to the World Juniors, what would Lucia blame for any adversity the second half of the season?

Seriously, let Minnesota have all the hype. I like flying under the radar.

Your post count is evidence of that.

On the other hand, it may be a barometer of the precieved talent level of our '89 class. We have had some pretty good success over the last 5 years, which included many UND representatives at the WJT.

Our 89 class in terms of US players isn't particularly deep. If you look at the 89 born US players that we have coming in, all you have is Bruneteau and Blood. Then if you look at the 88 born US kids, you have Lapoint and Forney, who would have a shot if they play well in the first half. Most of our 88 and 89 players are from Canada. So far, where we are deep in US players is 90s. If you look at that, you have Cichy, Kristo, Fink, and Gleason. Also, throw in David Toews when he commits here.

Our 89 class in terms of US players isn't particularly deep. If you look at the 89 born US players that we have coming in, all you have is Bruneteau and Blood. Then if you look at the 88 born US kids, you have Lapoint and Forney, who would have a shot if they play well in the first half. Most of our 88 and 89 players are from Canada. So far, where we are deep in US players is 90s. If you look at that, you have Cichy, Kristo, Fink, and Gleason. Also, throw in David Toews when he commits here.

Maybe you just didn't state this clearly, but I don't think Toews is a US player....