SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 Frozen Four Lottery

NorthDakotaHockey

The NCAA Frozen Four lottery expires a minute before midnight on June 1.

With location in Denver, a number of tickets going to Denver season ticket holders,

the popularity of this event, and the prospects of who may or may not be in the tournament,

this could be a tough ticket.

Here is the online link.

Frozen Four Application

GR8 SK8 in '08

The NCAA Frozen Four lottery expires a minute before midnight on June 1.

With location in Denver, a number of tickets going to Denver season ticket holders,

the popularity of this event, and the prospects of who may or may not be in the tournament,

this could be a tough ticket.

Here is the online link.

Frozen Four Application

GR8 SK8 in '08

i wonder who they will cheer for when du three peats? :silly:

If you have sent in for Frozen Four tickets and it is my first time. Is it easy to get them. I saw that about 10,000 tickets are available but does anybody know what the chances are of winning the lotto.

If you have sent in for Frozen Four tickets and it is my first time. Is it easy to get them. I saw that about 10,000 tickets are available but does anybody know what the chances are of winning the lotto.

The more you are selected, the better the chance you have of getting selected. A seniority thing.

I have both hit and missed over the last few years. I have no idea on the mathematical chance. Depends on number of entries I suppose.

If you ain't in the game, you've got no one to blame.

You should know, however, that the NCAA will ding your credit card now, and use your money. If you lose out, you will get a credit card refund come around August or September.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Alrite, so I have a question. I filled out the thing online for this a few months ago, like right after we got back from STL. Back then, I was living in the dorms so I think I put my dorm address on the form. Just wondering if they are they going to be mailing something out to either the people that get selected or to everyone who signed up. Because if they are, I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to get my mail when I don't live in the dorms anymore. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Alrite, so I have a question. I filled out the thing online for this a few months ago, like right after we got back from STL. Back then, I was living in the dorms so I think I put my dorm address on the form. Just wondering if they are they going to be mailing something out to either the people that get selected or to everyone who signed up. Because if they are, I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to get my mail when I don't live in the dorms anymore. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

This is a good site to read:

Frozen Four Ticket FAQs

Q: What should I do if my mailing address and/or account information changes before tickets are mailed or refunds are issued?

A: All address changes or other inquiries must be submitted in writing to: NCAA Men's Frozen Four, c/o Chase, 1 East Ohio Street, Suite IN1-0044, Indianapolis, Indiana 46277. All correspondence must include a copy of the "Payment Confirmation" page showing the Ticket Application Tracking Number.

I know its a year old, but it is basically the same info that was given when I signed up for the lottery this spring.

I tried to get tickets last year and didn't in the lotto but found tons for sale on ebay the week before the tourney. got them for less than the original cost. Maybe it was because of the teams involved but there are always tickets out there is what I have found.

Last year I got tickets in the lotto and I applied the day after getting back from St. Louis. I lived in Denver for 9 years during my High School years. I go back a lot and Denver is a great town and lots of fun. A better downtown area then Minneapolis and has lots of energy. Should be fun for all that get tickets.

One other thing. I have a link to hotel info. The one area Denver is laking is they did not get a lot of deals from local hotels. They only have two hotels in the DT area. The others are like 12 miles away. Hotels in DT Denver tend to be pretty expensive.

Here is the link:

http://www.denver.org/FrozenFour/default.htm

Hope this helps.

One other thing. I have a link to hotel info. The one area Denver is laking is they did not get a lot of deals from local hotels. They only have two hotels in the DT area. The others are like 12 miles away. Hotels in DT Denver tend to be pretty expensive.

Here is the link:

http://www.denver.org/FrozenFour/default.htm

Hope this helps.

If I am not mistaken though, there is light rail that connects other hotels to DT.

If I am not mistaken though, there is light rail that connects other hotels to DT.

One the site with the link the have light rail info. I think you are right. I rode the light rail right after it openend in Denver and was very entertained by some people on the rail. Denver is going to be fun and more fun when we get to celebrate #8!

• 4 weeks later...

I just went to the mailbox and I got my letter today too. I am pumped. i only applied for 2 tickets this year instead of 4. This letter came way earlies then last year. I am excited. Now for the fun to start. Can we please just drop the damn puck!

What were your guys' priority numbers, i havent seen my letter yet so just wondering what the selection process is like so far.

Being in Michigan and the letters are sent out of Indy, could be one reason that I could have gotten mine earlier than most. A friend in Vegas has not gotten his yet, and I believe he is a 11 of 11 in the priority standing. This is my first year to apply for more than one, and my friend said he would take the one's I don't use off may hands. I had a standing of 5 (97, 03, 05, 06, and 07) going into this year.

What were your guys' priority numbers, i havent seen my letter yet so just wondering what the selection process is like so far.

It was my second year using my priority number. I am just glad I got tickets again. Since I lived in Denver for a long time it will be fun to go back and have some fun and see friends. I usally go once a year. But have not been there for almost 2 years now. I am really excited.

It was my second year using my priority number. I am just glad I got tickets again. Since I lived in Denver for a long time it will be fun to go back and have some fun and see friends. I usally go once a year. But have not been there for almost 2 years now. I am really excited.

3rd year in a row, no tix, that sucks...

denver will be a interesting venue, it will sell out but will the seats be filled?? probably not unless du or cc made it there and even that wouldnt guarentee it, its tough when its in a bigger arena away from most NC$$ hockey teams, cant wait either way..........

denver will be a interesting venue, it will sell out but will the seats be filled?? probably not unless du or cc made it there and even that wouldnt guarentee it, its tough when its in a bigger arena away from most NC$$ hockey teams, cant wait either way..........

Some people said the same thing about St. Louie, what with it not being a college hockey town. As I recall, the place was jammed to the rafters with college hockey fans. The secret is out. The place will be filled, regardless of whether CC, DU, or AF are in. Denver and Colorado have plenty of money, and the Frozen Four has become an event. Will tickets be available? Sure they will. For long? Likely not. At a discount? I highly doubt it. Many will be going to the Frozen Four for both the hockey and a vacation. Regardless of what teams are there. The good possibility that at least some of those teams will be teams that have fans who travel well will make the ticket even tougher.

The days of empty seats at the Frozen Four are in the rear view mirror.