SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 Schedule

star2city

Argus-Leader

In 2008, the University of South Dakota and the University of North Dakota will likely play two of the Great West Football Conference's three remaining teams and then enter into a traditional relationship with the fledgling league in 2009.

The plan, agreed to informally by Great West athletic directors, would have USD playing Southern Utah and Cal Poly from the league in 2008. UND would play UC Davis and Southern Utah, with the five teams playing a complete round-robin schedule in 2009.

Any others definites beyond USD, UC-Davis, and SUU?

Would presume that WWU, CWU, W Oregon, or Humboldt St could be brought in for home games.

While it was pretty much known that the UXDs would become a part of the Great West, it is nice to see it confirmed and what the timeline is. The Great West will most likely be our FB home for some time.

@ SUU

@ USD

? 08

vs. SUU

@ UCD

vs USD

? 09

@ SUU

vs. UCD

@ Cal Poly

@ USD

maybe? Or will the GWFC switch things around to get away from the rather unbalanced schedule they are currently on?

I'm sure your right - It'll be the a SUPER conference and always have 3 guaranteed playoff teams every year. :lol:

Which is it?

It'll be the SUPER conference and always have 3 guaranteed playoff teams every year.

or

It'll be a SUPER conference and always have 3 guaranteed playoff teams every year.

:D

Do you really think the Gateway is interested in adding two more teams? I have serious doubts about the realism of that scenario. Personally, I'm fine with the U's being segregated from the SU's. I don't think you guys need us and we certainly don't need you.

Not now but maybe in the future when one or more of the current members (So. Ill., Ill. St, Mo. St,) move to the FBS. Then it would be a very good posibility.

As far as SDSU goes, I do not ever see then doing much in football. As long as Coach Stig is around they will continue to lose the games they should win and manage to to win just enough games so he keeps his job. They didn't win at D2 why would they be better then USD AND UND now? I hope the U's and the SU's stay seperated so when the U's beat up on the SU's conference bragging rights will be at stake.