SiouxSports.com Forum

Trivia ?

Fetch

NEXT QUESTIONS:

What year did the Sioux stop playing in the Barn?

How many years did Dave Christian play for UND?

What was the name of the sports bar on Stafford Road back in the 70's and early 80's?

Bonus: What was hanging over the bar?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEXT QUESTIONS:

What year did the Sioux stop playing in the Barn?

How many years did Dave Christian play for UND?

What was the name of the sports bar on Stafford Road back in the 70's and early 80's?

Bonus: What was hanging over the bar?

Answer 1 - March 8, 1972 10-2 win over University of Michigan was the last game in the Old Barn.

Answer 2 - Played two years for a total of 78 games

Answers 3 & 4 - Frenchy's and personalized mugs!!

That bar was open when I first got to Grand Forks, they had some good food there.

Too bad it closed down.

Still have my mug. :ohmy: I believe I took some classes there (Thursday's were special but I don't remember why), didn't get any credits though.. :silly: I loved his Bloody Mary's for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Man, was I ever that young!!!!!

was I right?

Yes and no!! Either you got the years wrong or this guy did. http://legendsofhockey.blogspot.com/2006/05/fido-purpur.html

He began his NHL career in St. Louis in 1933-34 with the Eagles. He played in 25 games and scored 1 goal and 3 points. The Eagles, formerly known as the original Ottawa Senators, folded after just one season. Purpur elected to continue his hockey career in the city of St. Louis. For the next 6 seasons he played for the AHA's St. Louis Flyers. He was a standout for the Flyers, particularly in the last 4 seasons. His best season came in 1938-39 when he had 35 goals and 43 assists in 48 games. He added 3 goals and 6 points in the playoffs as the Flyers won the AHA championship.

Yes and no!! Either you got the years wrong or this guy did. http://legendsofhockey.blogspot.com/2006/05/fido-purpur.html

um, I don't know. I got my information from here:

50 Greatest ND sports figures

Cliff (Fido) Purpur, Grand Forks

First North Dakotan to play in NHL; joined St. Louis Eagles in 1934-35; had 60 points in 144 regular-season games in five seasons with two teams.

No can do!! According to the rules, it's your turn to ask a trivia question.

alright, name the native north dakotan who scored 36 goals for his high school hockey team in 1992, was the state 110 and 300 meter hurdles champion, punted for the Nebraska Cornhuskers 1994 championship team, and now plays professional baseball. and what high school was it?

alright, name the native north dakotan who scored 36 goals for his high school hockey team in 1992, was the state 110 and 300 meter hurdles champion, punted for the Nebraska Cornhuskers 1994 championship team, and now plays professional baseball. and what high school was it?

Darin Erstad, Jamestown HS, now with the Chicago White Sox. Hell of an athlete!!