SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's Bball Recruiting Update

wcbsas

You have to be impressed with the athleticism Jones and staff have brought in the past year, although I have to admit I thought for sure one more big guy would be added before the season. There certainly looks to be a lot of talent on the perimeter, though.

You are correct - we will certainly have an abundance of guards. Should be a great deal of competition for playing time!

I had heard that a big man may be transferring in from a DI school but I guess that did not materialize!

Sioux land Utah State transfer

UND men's basketball coach Brian Jones didn't have much time to recruit last season as he took over the Sioux program in late May.

But he and his staff have had time to recruit this season. And Jones couldn't be happier with his first true recruiting class, which was topped off by Thursday's announcement that the Sioux had landed Utah State transfer O.J. Harrison, a 6-foot-4 wing who is expected to further upgrade UND's athleticism.

This team should be a lot of fun to watch. Good luck to Coach Jones on the season.

Yes, they should be a very quick and athletic squad. However I had hoped that they would have picked up another inside big man that was ready to play right away, to take Gutter's spot. It is looking like alot will be asked of Koenig to provide a significant inside presence, but I fear that his body may not be able to take it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jones seems to be viewing Iowa and Illinois as his prime recruiting grounds, based in part on recent signing activity and this: CCHS's Garriott commits to SIU-E

Aaron Garriott had five scholarship offers in hand as he visited Southern Illinois-Edwardsville this past weekend. The Central Catholic High School senior guard could afford to be selective.

Yet, after a few hours with first-year SIU-Edwardsville coach Lennox Forrester and his team, Garriott was sold. He orally committed to the Cougars and will sign a national letter of intent in November.

Garriott chose a program in its final year in NCAA Division II. The Cougars will move up to Division I for his freshman season.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...