SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Articles

HeidiSioux62

OK, way too much time on my hands tonight and to fill that time I am clicking around finding Sioux articles. Thought I would just start a new thread and then I would have someplace to put them. :D

This guy predicts #8 for the Sioux.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Hollm..._at_Frozen_Four

A first round draft pick of Vancouver in 1994, Schneider...
Holy Cross!!!!! How old is this guy!!!!

:silly:

Moose players back UND in NCAA Frozen Four

Today is game day but come tomorrow, several members of the Manitoba Moose will be turning their attention to the NCAA Frozen Four.

Moose forwards Lee Goren and Colby Genoway and Moose assistant coach Brad Berry are rooting for the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux as they take on Boston College in St. Louis, Mo.

"I think they always have what it takes," said Goren, who was named the MVP of the Frozen Four in 2000 when the Fighting Sioux won it all. "They have good goaltending with (Philippe) Lamoureux, great coaching and they're well-balanced. Their captain (Chris) Porter is having a great run and I'm hoping for them."

Genoway pointed out that UND won the national crown in 1987 and 1997, so maybe it's their turn again.

I like Genoway's thinking. :sad:

Thought this one was interesting - starts out the article talking about how UND, Maine and BC have such rich frozen four tradition, but then the bulk of the article only talks about Maine and BC - granted it is a boston area paper.

http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2...ts/sports02.txt

Maine entered the NCAAs in a deep freeze - 7-11-0 since Jan. 12, including four straight losses (all to UMass). With goaltender Ben Bishop returning from a groin injury, though, the Black Bears steamrolled St. Cloud State (semis) and UMass (final) in the East Regional.

Here is an interesting point the Sioux start the season 7-10-1 and Maine ends the season 7-11. Interesting.