SiouxSports.com Forum

Hak

siouxpuckster

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but can we once and forall stop the bring Blais back and fire Hak threads that are utterly ridiculous. the man knows how to coach, I think 3 straight Frozen fours are a pretty good example and if he wins it all next could could almost be considered legendary in just 3 years.

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed but can we once and forall stop the bring Blais back and fire Hak threads that are utterly ridiculous. the man knows how to coach, I think 3 straight Frozen fours are a pretty good example and if he wins it all next could could almost be considered legendary in just 3 years.

I must have missed those threads. Are you talking lately, or is this something from a few years ago? I can't imagine there are any Sioux fans unhappy with the coaching we've had over the last few years. Hak is nothing but class. I just wish he would try to control his emotions a little though. :D

I posted this on another thread:

Just to add to this. I was lucky enough to greet the team at 12:30 a.m on Monday morning in Fargo. There were only five of us there. Coach Hakstol was the first to get off the charter plane and as we were standing there he came right up to us and asked us what we thought of the game. He even remembered my last name as I had the privilege (sp?) of golfing with him in the Detroit Lakes Sioux-per Swing. He and that staff are first-class all the way. It was awesome. I always know that the players and the coaching staff represent the state and the university in a gentlemanly way with dignity and pride....and to me that is what it is all about because it just carries over to how they play...........with alot of grit, get-up and go, pride and heart. And to me, that's what it is all about. The wins and losses will take care of themselves. Coach Hakstol is 1st class all the way!

GO SIOUX!

I must have missed those threads. Are you talking lately, or is this something from a few years ago? I can't imagine there are any Sioux fans unhappy with the coaching we've had over the last few years. Hak is nothing but class. I just wish he would try to control his emotions a little though. :D

you can probably find soem from back in november and december.

Yep, there will be no firing Dave Hakstol.

And I'm sure there still will be some that are greatly disappointed. They'll cache away the beginning of this past season and if we should lose any further games this season (whichever one) and use it to "justify" their position next year.

I'm sure that crowd would crow at the thought that Hak has gone to the FF 3 times and won none of them.

Personally, I'm just happy we're going. It's going to take a solid effort by BC or Maine/MSU to knock us off.

I posted this on another thread:

Just to add to this. I was lucky enough to greet the team at 12:30 a.m on Monday morning in Fargo. There were only five of us there. Coach Hakstol was the first to get off the charter plane and as we were standing there he came right up to us and asked us what we thought of the game. He even remembered my last name as I had the privilege (sp?) of golfing with him in the Detroit Lakes Sioux-per Swing. He and that staff are first-class all the way. It was awesome. I always know that the players and the coaching staff represent the state and the university in a gentlemanly way with dignity and pride....and to me that is what it is all about because it just carries over to how they play...........with alot of grit, get-up and go, pride and heart. And to me, that's what it is all about. The wins and losses will take care of themselves. Coach Hakstol is 1st class all the way!

GO SIOUX!

Last season when we were on the plane from GF to Minne the team was on the same flight heading to CC for the weekend. We told coach Berry we were going to Toronto to see Belfour (leafs) play against Parise, Hale (devils) while on the plane Berry brought Jordy over to talk to us about going to see Zach playing. There was a woman on the same flight wearing a Sioux hockey jersey sign by the Sioux football players,

Hak asked her if she would like the hockey team to sign the jersey also? When we departed the plane in the minne airport terminal all of the players got together to sign her Sioux hockey jersey. BTW Eddie was the #1 star of the game :D

FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY ........................ CLASS !

Keep in mind Doug Woog went to the frozen four 6 times (including his first 4 years as head coach) in his career and didn't win it. I think we have to give Hak some time, but if he doesn't win the big one, who knows what will happen. Since we have averaged a title every 5-6 years since 1980, we are used to it. And it has been 10 years now since our last one.

Personally, I'd rather win a title and have a bad year once in a while than go to the playoffs every year and not come home with a championship. Although going to these frozen fours has been a blast. :D

But since we are coming home with #8 in a couple weeks, this point will be moot.

Added point: Of course I wanted Woog to be the coach forever because I felt they would never win it with him there. While I do think we can with Hak.

Keep in mind Doug Woog went to the frozen four 6 times (including his first 4 years as head coach) in his career and didn't win it. I think we have to give Hak some time, but if he doesn't win the big one, who knows what will happen. Since we have averaged a title every 5-6 years since 1980, we are used to it. And it has been 10 years now since our last one.

Personally, I'd rather win a title and have a bad year once in a while than go to the playoffs every year and not come home with a championship. Although going to these frozen fours has been a blast. :)

But since we are coming home with #8 in a couple weeks, this point will be moot.

Added point: Of course I wanted Woog to be the coach forever because I felt they would never win it with him there. While I do think we can with Hak.

UND83 you have my math skills 2007 minus 2000 = seven years. :D:D

UND83 you have my math skills 2007 minus 2000 = seven years. :angry::)

Oops :D:D Well it seems like 10 years ago!! What's worse I have banners around me showing the 7 title years. There I've added to my signature to make the math easier next time

I have to agree with this. At the time of the hiring I was a bit surprised that Steve Johnson wasn't given more consideration, but it looks like the right choice was made. Hak has done a great job in his first three seasons. Have we ever had three consecutive Frozen Four appearances before?

I read somewhere that this is the first time UND has ever been to 3 straight Frozen Fours.

Maybe I'm reading in between the lines, but are you implying that, if UND loses to BC (a team by the way, that is playing as good or perhaps even better than we are) or whomever in the NC game, that Hak should be fired?

Vaht? :D

I'm not sure how you jumped to that conclusion. It's certainly not how I read it.

The reason we are going to the 3rd FF in 3 years is not Hak coaching. It is the rink Ralph build!!!! Do you think

Hak would be getting all these blue chip players in the old Ralph. I don't think so!!!!

Thanks Ralph

Just remember Gino and Deno recruited with the old ralph. Lets all hold off with the legendary talk.

The reason we are going to the 3rd FF in 3 years is not Hak coaching. It is the rink Ralph build!!!! Do you think

Hak would be getting all these blue chip players in the old Ralph. I don't think so!!!!

Thanks Ralph

Just remember Gino and Deno recruited with the old ralph. Lets all hold off with the legendary talk.

:D

Thanks Ralph

:D

I like Hakstol too and I do think he's a good coach. Time will tell if he is as good as Blais was. Having Eades and, formerly, Berry certainly doesn't hurt. Blais had Sandelin and then Hakstol. Hakstol had Berry and still has Eades. I know Mankato fans would sure love to have seen Blais come here or Eades but Jutting somehow kept his job for another two years. I like Jutting and he is a good coach too but the program needs a jolt and Eades would be a good guy to do it if Blais is not available or too expensive. Personally, I see Blais at UMD after they run poor Sandelin off. I would see Blais retaining Sandelin as an Assistant much like Lucia has done with John Hill. Hak's a good coach. Let's hope that he and they can get #8.