SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. Minnesota Game Thread

HockeyMom

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but the Sioux can not beat both the Gophers and Shepturd, he really needs to go back to peewee hockey!!! :lol: OH kiss my a.. GOOFER fans, bring it!!!

But I'll give credit where credit is do, and the goofers are outplaying us 5 on 5. Maybe that's do to being shorthanded so much early on, but whatever the reason, they're winning the small battles, and that's what we did when we played them in January. Still a period to go, but we definitely need to turn it around and score some 5 on 5 goals. Can't depend solely on the DOT line, need good pressure from our other lines too.

How many times in the past have I seen the Gophers go gangbusters in the first two periods and the Sioux come out and totally dominate them in the third. Have faith Sioux fans, this one is far from over.

Like the 5 goal third, which I refer to simply as, "The Comeback" in '98 or '99 (can't remember which year).

We need to step it up in the third. And put some shots on goal. Frazee is not that great of a goalie and it's time to show that he isn't! Let's go Sioux!!

We need to find away to penetrate the front of the net. Goofs have done a good job at keeping us away from the slot, and when we do get there, the puck doesn't. They've really done a good job at shutting down our shooting lanes.

But I'll give credit where credit is do, and the goofers are outplaying us 5 on 5. Maybe that's do to being shorthanded so much early on, but whatever the reason, they're winning the small battles, and that's what we did when we played them in January. Still a period to go, but we definitely need to turn it around and score some 5 on 5 goals. Can't depend solely on the DOT line, need good pressure from our other lines too.

Right I think they have been playing well 5x5, I do not usually agree with bashing refs, but will do it when necessar. I think the Sioux do need to take it to Frazee and have not been getting it done on net, but they have been playing good enough to score a few more. If the gophers do win they did it 5x5. :blush: