SiouxSports.com Forum

Final 5 ?

Fetch

I was able to book a hotel room on priceline for $40 a night at the Holiday Inn Select for the weekend. (bid $40 for a 3* in the Airport/Mall of America area). I've stayed there before and have been very happy, especially for $40. It isn't real close to downtown St. Paul, but the 54 bus is a great option as it runs from within a block or two of the hotel to the front doors of the Xcel. And metro transit buses are free on Sat. for St. Patrick's day. check the schedule at metrotransit.org Also, a cab ride wouldn't be too expensive, around $20.

Thats what I'm going to be looking for - (If we win) a wing and a prayer weekend or cancellations after the thursday/ friday games - & I can pretend I'm Irish for a weekend :)

....Gopher fans are finnicky, fickle, self-righteous, condescending, unsophisticated, generally unlearned in the finer details of the game, cry to the heavens for penalties every time their boys fall to the ice, and are the first to desert when things are looking bad. ....

See you in St. Louis. I am pretty sure that you won't be in the Ex on Saturday night.

Nice rant. So the Gophs are going to St. Louis? :)

So:

Who gets kicked out of the NCAAs if CC or any of the bottom 5 win the Final Five?

Michigan state or UMASS. Its hard to say until the conference playoffs shake out some more.

10 Boston University

11 Denver

12t Maine

12t Michigan State

14t Massachusetts

Gopher fans can't win no matter what they do. Last year's attendance for the Final Five broke the all-time record even with the gophers losing both games. And first Sioux fans complain about the advantages of all the Gopher fans in the building and how unfair it is, yet then come back and say it was all Sioux and St. Cloud fans who attended the championship game. Which is it Sioux fans? Is the Final Five unfair due to it being like a home game for the Gophers? Or are there enough Sioux fans there to sell out the "X" in games not involving Minnesota? Can't have it both ways.

But I finally get it now... when there's only 16,000 fans for a third place game involving the Gophers, it's our fault. But when the championship game sells out, all the credit goes to the SCSU and UND fans. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

wow - you came here just for that. All that is being said is that yes - perhaps the games were S.O. but all the seats were not filled for the Saturday games.

wow - you came here just for that. All that is being said is that yes - perhaps the games were S.O. but all the seats were not filled for the Saturday games.

You said that Gopher fans won't show up for a championship game that Minnesota isn't playing in, and I pointed out what a stupid statement that is. The attendance for last year's game was over 19,000, and even if there were a couple thousand empty seats it's still a great crowd to watch two teams not from the Twin Cities.

And by the way, had Michigan defeated UND at last year's West Regional do any Sioux fans on here actually believe that the Ralph would have been packed to the rafters the next night for the HC/Michigan game? Of course not. The place would have been a morgue, and I wouldn't blame Sioux fans at all for not wanting to go see that game.

You said that Gopher fans won't show up for a championship game that Minnesota isn't playing in, and I pointed out what a stupid statement that is. The attendance for last year's game was over 19,000, and even if there were a couple thousand empty seats it's still a great crowd to watch two teams not from the Twin Cities.

And by the way, had Michigan defeated UND at last year's West Regional do any Sioux fans on here actually believe that the Ralph would have been packed to the rafters the next night for the HC/Michigan game? Of course not. The place would have been a morgue, and I wouldn't blame Sioux fans at all for not wanting to go see that game.

Did you get lost? Isn't there something better to do than patrol OTHER TEAM'S FAN BOARDS on a friday afternoon?

Don't expect us to give your team any love. Also, your team is one play away from an implosion no matter how the propaganda nazi's spin it.

That was not the actual attendance- it was tickets sold - ya follow - yet? You should be used to the announced attendance and the actual being a few thousand off by now. The University of Minny Mystery's men's BBall and Football games are good examples.

Oh, and who do you suppose owned tickets for those couple of thousand empty seats - not only for the championship game - but for the meaningless game Saturday afternoon as well.

Okay, here's a cute story for you guys. I watched the 80, 82 and 2000 Championships today....and the end of the 2000 game was on when the avatar got home from school. So, she takes over the TV....and chooses to watch the Saturday Sioux/Gopher game. Not only is she watching the game, but she grabs her CD player and starts playing music after we score each goal. So Bina hits the 170+ footer and she cranks up the music- Queen's I Want It All. Freaking cute!

Okay, here's a cute story for you guys. I watched the 80, 82 and 2000 Championships today....and the end of the 2000 game was on when the avatar got home from school. So, she takes over the TV....and chooses to watch the Saturday Sioux/Gopher game. Not only is she watching the game, but she grabs her CD player and starts playing music after we score each goal. So Bina hits the 170+ footer and she cranks up the music- Queen's I Want It All. Freaking cute!

You've trained her well! Job well done Hockey Mom! :)

How does one get them on DVD, I have the 1997 and 2000 games on tape and I watch them from time to time.

He is like the pinacle of Sioux keep sakes. I might have to place an order. ;)

Tell me about it. I don't remember what exactly I did (maybe got a trivia question right) and AZSioux sent me both the 2000 NC game and the WJC Gold Medal game.

ROCK ON, AZ dude.

I'm waiting for the day when I can answer trivia and get the 1997 NC game. ??? Oh, and the Gopher sweep this year would be cool too.

I still have the autographed Brady Murray billboard jersey card. ???

It's his shtick. Let him run with it. There are lots of other really bad things that Gophers fans do to him as well. :lol:

any predictions on this years attendance (not tickets sold as I trust know the differance by now) if UAA wins tomorrow night?

not that I care what you boys (and fellow metrosexuals) think or have to say - just thought I would pose the question and thanks for supporting the WCHA