SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I don't think they have any advertisements on the Denver audiocast... they go to a break, but you just keep listening to the broadcasters bitch to each other...

I know Ry i'm waiting for a hooker or something hilarious comment or something haha

I am just sooooooo happy!!! I was worried, just for a little while, that when I got home next weekend, I was going to have to turn around and get back on the plane to go to an out of town play off series. I get to stay home for a few days before going to Mpls for the F5 to see our boys make it to the BIG party on the BIG ice in St. Louie!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Yes Doug, old Fragile Frazee must have resumed pounding back the Long Islands after the number Toews did on him.

I heard that too. I guess he's onto something since the Sioux were missing several key players during that tournament, too. Oh, wait a minute, they've lost how many times since Christmas? Uh...sorry, Doug, nevermind...

I'm pretty sure I'd rather bash my skull into into a concrete wall until I receive a massive concussion then have watched that game. All those poor people at the DECC tonight. They have my sympathy.

I was going to watch that game when I got home from work tonight but I think I will skip it.

Siouxdonyms, thanks for the recap. A few additions I caught:

Hak:

Part of our offense tonite was Bobby Goepfert being out.

I liked out intensity even when we were up by a few. Closed out the game well.

We worked so hard to get to where we are now we weren't going to mail it in tonite. That doesn't come from the coaching staff, it comes from the leaders in the locker room.

Tomorrow is a big day to get some rest.

We'll see how Watkins is doing and if he'll be ready for the weekend.

Oh for pete's sake already!!! It's friggin' March!!!!!!

The WJT was the turning point, upward for the Fighting Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt talk about a losers limp, I am glad Hak didn't use that as an excuse.

I heard that too. I guess he's onto something since the Sioux were missing several key players during that tournament, too. Oh, wait a minute, they've lost how many times since Christmas? Uh...sorry, Doug, nevermind...

I think they are like 11-8-? since their first 19. They've lost 5 of their last 7.

Siouxdonyms, thanks for the recap. A few additions I caught:

Hak:

Part of our offense tonite was Bobby Goepfert being out.

I liked out intensity even when we were up by a few. Closed out the game well.

We worked so hard to get to where we are now we weren't going to mail it in tonite. That doesn't come from the coaching staff, it comes from the leaders in the locker room.

Tomorrow is a big day to get some rest.

We'll see how Watkins is doing and if he'll be ready for the weekend.

Hope Watkins is OK, but don't mess with the 2nd line...

I think they are like 11-8-? since their first 19. They've lost 5 of their last 7.

Nothin' to worry about, Smoggy, Don knew they had the MacNaughton Cup in the bag so the team has coasted the last couple of games anyways. It works out...they'll just turn it on once the games matter. ;)

The Chiapet giving his version of why the goofers sucked tonight. "We were an easy team to play tonight, we made ourselves an easy team to beat." And then went on to really calm the goofer nation, "We'll be back at work tomorrow, I promise you that."

For those that were multi tasking (Sioux on computer goof on TV) didn't the goofer play tonight look a LOT like the 3rd place game from last year's Final Five? They looked like they could care less out there tonight. You would have thought the Chiapet would have learned a lesson from last year in the REA. But, hey, keep it up!! We really like the results!!

No doubt talk about a losers limp, I am glad Hak didn't use that as an excuse.

I have to admit, I haven't heard any of the post game interviews with Hak, I've gotten that information here on SS.com. But I don't remember Hak making excuses. He laid it out, 'some players didn't show up', 'a couple of players didn't put out an effort', etc. I have more respect for Hak after a Sioux loss than I do whining Lucia.

We're now up to #6 in the pairwise. Though we need to win next weekend to keep our momentum going, it seems we're in the NCAA tournament no matter what.

Wow!! What a turn-around, and what a finish.

Best of all...it's obvious the Sioux are nowhere near satisfied.