SiouxSports.com Forum

www.northdakotapreps.com

nd06hockey

I think more people should post on this forum because it is intended for ND HS hockey and right now...on ndpreps basketball is the sport that gets the most posts and it would be really nice to see if the hockey forum could get to 9000....if we post our 07-08 season on that forum i am pretty sure we would make it there because in the past we have taken up about 70 pages on this forum....I just wanna show nd basketball that hockey is the #1 sport in ND...(or should be)

I think more people should post on this forum because it is intended for ND HS hockey and right now...on ndpreps basketball is the sport that gets the most posts and it would be really nice to see if the hockey forum could get to 9000....if we post our 07-08 season on that forum i am pretty sure we would make it there because in the past we have taken up about 70 pages on this forum....I just wanna show nd basketball that hockey is the #1 sport in ND...(or should be)

The hockey section over there was rolling along oddly enough until tourney time. You couldn't mention DL doing anything without getting laughed at. Then right before tourney time, people it seemed didn't care anymore. If anyone can explain that logic, I am open to ideas.

• 1 month later...
northdakotapreps

thrs a few things i would change about it like when you click on anything it seems to go back to the main page but really its just a picture taking up half your screen

Yeah, but someone designed it for me for free, so I couldn't really complain about the size, because any smaller would have made the pictures on it too blurry. I proposed for some of the members over there to submit a new logo if they like to possibly be displayed, we'll see if anyone can come up with something nice. When I started the website on Jan. 1st 2006, I wasn't sure if anyone would even register there or post, so I didn't want to spend lots of money on it.

I have tried registering there a couple times but the password sent to my e-mail never works to log me in. Any help I could get on that?

Sure, try registering one more time, and make sure you open your email and click on the link to activate your account. Once your account is activated, me, or one of the moderators will approve your posting privledges in a short while, so just be a litte patient.

Now if it doesn't work again, you can send me a pm here, or there, and I can look at it again, or just manually register you. Either way, let me know if you are able to log in, thanks.

• 3 months later...

N.D. HIGH SCHOOL FEATURE: Prep sports' gathering point

By Greg DeVillers, Herald Staff Writer

Published Sunday, July 22, 2007

Andrew Stoldorf is a sports junky.

The junior-to-be participates in basketball, cross country and golf at Bowman County (N.D.) High School. He follows almost every prep sport across the state. He enjoys talking sports.

Stoldorf has found a year-round, around-the-clock outlet for his sports passion. He's a regular participant in sports chats on the Web site www.northdakotapreps.com.

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like the site has fallen victim to hackers. What is the big attraction for hackers from other countries to hack sports sites? Russian hackers hacked D2football not to long ago and now we have Muslim hackers on NDpreps. It sucks for everyone involved.

Looks like the site has fallen victim to hackers. What is the big attraction for hackers from other countries to hack sports sites? Russian hackers hacked D2football not to long ago and now we have Muslim hackers on NDpreps. It sucks for everyone involved.

Such attacks aren't likely individually targeted. Rather, the hackers discover a flaw in some piece of off-the-shelf software and then search for sites using that software and take them over en masse.

Though flaws are usually patched immediately upon discovery, it's still worth it for script kiddies to search for people who haven't upgraded or applied the patch. Small sports sites are likely candidates because they're often put together by fans with limited technical expertise.

Such attacks aren't likely individually targeted. Rather, the hackers discover a flaw in some piece of off-the-shelf software and then search for sites using that software and take them over en masse.

Though flaws are usually patched immediately upon discovery, it's still worth it for script kiddies to search for people who haven't upgraded or applied the patch. Small sports sites are likely candidates because they're often put together by fans with limited technical expertise.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

A lot of the forums using wowbb software have been getting hacked lately. Actually it's a fairly safe format, but once someone finds a way in it spreads around to the hacker groups pretty fast. Hopefully we can get it up again quickly, I'm just waiting on customer support, which is usually great with them, and try to get everything back to normal again. Thanks to everyone for supporting the site.

A lot of the forums using wowbb software have been getting hacked lately. Actually it's a fairly safe format, but once someone finds a way in it spreads around to the hacker groups pretty fast. Hopefully we can get it up again quickly, I'm just waiting on customer support, which is usually great with them, and try to get everything back to normal again. Thanks to everyone for supporting the site.

is preps done for? :glare:

• 1 month later...

I recently recieved this email.

A bigger, better website for North Dakota Preps‏

We've had a new custom website designed for North Dakota Preps and we are almost ready to convert all the data over to the new format. So shortly the site will be down while we convert everything over and re-route the nameservers to the new host. It should take anywhere from 24-48 hours to be back online again. So please be patient and check back soon, thanks everyone.

Yup, it's because his server has had some problems, hopefully he's gotten them all worked out. All his other sites were down as well, like wyonation, cuseorange, championshipsubdivision.com, Bigskyfans. Not much I can do but try to be patient and hope he gets it running smoothly.

Late note: I just got done talking to him and he just got done upgrading his server, so there should be no more downtime.