SiouxSports.com Forum

FEB. 28TH USCHO Bracketology

AZSIOUX

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,13871/Bracket...yFeb282007.html

tough for scsu with DU at home, i dont care who you are, home ice is huge in the playoffs, and as for the sioux, i love the 2nd round match up :( we are right at the edge of a 2 or 3 seed, a few more wins can do us a lot for seeding!!

This Week's Bracket

Denver

St. Lawrence vs. St. Cloud

Michigan vs. Denver

Grand Rapids

Sacred Heart vs. Minnesota

North Dakota vs. Maine

Manchester

Niagara vs. New Hampshire

Miami vs. Boston University

Rochester

Colorado College vs. Notre Dame

Boston College vs. Clarkson

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 5

HEA - 4

CCHA - 3

ECACHL - 2

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,13871/Bracket...yFeb282007.html

tough for scsu with DU at home, i dont care who you are, home ice is huge in the playoffs, and as for the sioux, i love the 2nd round match up :( we are right at the edge of a 2 or 3 seed, a few more wins can do us a lot for seeding!!

This Week's Bracket

Denver

St. Lawrence vs. St. Cloud

Michigan vs. Denver

Grand Rapids

Sacred Heart vs. Minnesota

North Dakota vs. Maine

Manchester

Niagara vs. New Hampshire

Miami vs. Boston University

Rochester

Colorado College vs. Notre Dame

Boston College vs. Clarkson

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 5

HEA - 4

CCHA - 3

ECACHL - 2

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

Sorry, but unless that is Grand Rapids MN, I think there is no way a Michigan team isn't there. And I'll take Sacred heart and the points...

I know but NC$$.

oh i hear ya fo sho....i remember going to the regional when we had a million shots vs DU and got beat 1-0 at CC's rink and that was a friken joke, tons of seats available all games, nothing at all going on in the springs promoting hockey, very very bad place for it...probably wont be back there

Michigan is not the host school for the Grand Rapids regional. Western Michigan is. If Michigan was a #1 seed then they would probably be playing in the grand rapids regional, but they will not be a #1 so they are at the mercy of the selection commitee.

Michigan is not the host school for the Grand Rapids regional. Western Michigan is. If Michigan was a #1 seed then they would probably be playing in the grand rapids regional, but they will not be a #1 so they are at the mercy of the selection commitee.

Seriously, Michigan will probably we in Grand Rapids, I would bet money on it, especially if MSU doesn't make the tourney.

So the bracket that they have will not happen. Just a hunch.

Sorry, but unless that is Grand Rapids MN, I think there is no way a Michigan team isn't there. And I'll take Sacred heart and the points...

I know NC$$ wants to make money, but it's only the host institution that gets to stay at home, and #1 seeds get to go to the nearest location.

I know NC$$ wants to make money, but it's only the host institution that gets to stay at home, and #1 seeds get to go to the nearest location.

Do you want to bet a beer on it? Its not going to happen. Michigan will be in Grand Rapids, you can put it on your callender right now if you want.

Do you want to bet a beer on it? Its not going to happen. Michigan will be in Grand Rapids, you can put it on your callender right now if you want.

Goon, you and I have had our disagreements recently on another thread, but I'm with you on this one. If the Wolverines are the only school in the state of Michigan that makes the NCAA tournament, rest assured, they will be in Grand Rapids.

Goon, you and I have had our disagreements recently on another thread, but I'm with you on this one. If the Wolverines are the only school in the state of Michigan that makes the NCAA tournament, rest assured, they will be in Grand Rapids.

I hope you don't take it personal? :silly: Argument is good, I lose everyone I have with my wife at home. :D

Moy's writings are amusing but the nc$$ isn't going to send Michigan anywhere but to Grand Rapids, the Michigan fans are going to stack the regional and its not going to be well attended if Michigan isn't in there. I am wondering if Minnesota will get tossed in there too. I am hoping Minnesota get stuck in Denver, they deserve it. :(

Seriously, Michigan will probably we in Grand Rapids, I would bet money on it, especially if MSU doesn't make the tourney.

So the bracket that they have will not happen. Just a hunch.

I think they Should play in Grand Rapids, That would make sense. But who knows, by rule they are not a lock to play there. NCAA selection idiots don't always do what the fans want.

I think they Should play in Grand Rapids, That would make sense. But who knows, by rule they are not a lock to play there. NCAA selection idiots don't always do what the fans want.

One thing that I don't like, but is new is that 2 years ago the NCAA broke their own rules in how they seeded Denver and CC. As such they will find a way to put Michigan in Michigan, even if they must cheat.

The Bracketology piece actually lays out a scenario under which UND will go east, which looks to me to be a bit easier road to St. Louis. It really depends on how the Sioux do this weekend, and how the NC$$ decides to handle travel.

The Bracketology piece actually lays out a scenario under which UND will go east, which looks to me to be a bit easier road to St. Louis. It really depends on how the Sioux do this weekend, and how the NC$$ decides to handle travel.

Basic probability says that UND will likely go east. UND and DU will be very likely #2 or #3 seeds. They can't play in the first round, so UND would either end up in Grand Rapids or one of the eastern regionals. Two of the three scenarios put them out east.

Another Beanpot title would look good on the Sioux Resume.

I know as a card-carrying member here at SiouxSports I'm not supposed to put any stock in what INCH says, but I like their brackets in this week's 4x4:

<a href="http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0607/44_0525.htm" target="_blank">

INCH 4x4

</a>

Hey, I agree. If someone said we could end the season today and get Miami in the first round and (probably) UNH in the second, I'd take it in a heartbeat.