SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux "Fan Plan" for Final Five Poster Scam

BismarckFan

In the past a free poster has been handed out at the entrances to the Xcel Energy Center featuring the WCHA teams participating in the Final Five. The most recent poster scams have exhibited the following flaws:

1. The University of Minnesota team is shown on the top center of the poster as if it held a "most favorable" standing among the five teams.

2. The background colors on the poster are predominately the University of Minnesota school colors.

3. Our team is mis-identified as representing "North Dakota State University".

4. Upon receiving the poster, many UND fans were also told by the people distributing the posters that they could get the poster autographed at a fictitious room location.

In short, the poster scam reflects a need by the "big city snobs" to demonstrate their intellectual superiority by ridiculing those of us from North Dakota that have come to the Final Five to support our team, our state, and the high quality of hockey to be found in the WCHA.

May I offer the following suggestion concerning the possibility of the scam resurrecting itself once again at one or more locations prior to or following one of the five hockey games at the Xcel:

1. First, look carefully at the poster to check to see if one or more of the above flaws are evident.

2. Then, if so, immediately crumple the poster in your hands and drop it onto the floor of the Xcel!

3. Even if the poster is unbiased, you may wish to consider past transgressions and simply crumple and drop it for good measure!

4. Perhaps carpeting the interior of the Xcel with crumpled posters will send a message that the snobs can understand...

I will not be responding to any hits on this thread; I've said all that needs to be said; now its up to all of us to respond appropriately when we are ridiculed.

Fighting Sioux Hockey - a tradition of good sportsmanship!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I offer the following suggestion concerning the possibility of the scam resurrecting itself once again at one or more locations prior to or following one of the five hockey games at the Xcel:

1. First, look carefully at the poster to check to see if one or more of the above flaws are evident.

2. Then, if so, immediately crumple the poster in your hands and drop it onto the floor of the Xcel!

3. Even if the poster is unbiased, you may wish to consider past transgressions and simply crumple and drop it for good measure!

4. Perhaps carpeting the interior of the Xcel with crumpled posters will send a message that the snobs can understand...

I will not be responding to any hits on this thread; I've said all that needs to be said; now its up to all of us to respond appropriately when we are ridiculed.

My response is your response,

1. The University of Minnesota team is shown on the top center of the poster as if it held a "most favorable" standing among the five teams.

The teams were arranged in order of how they were seeded for the tournament. The Gophers won the conference, so their team picture was on top as the No. 1 seed.

2. The background colors on the poster are predominately the University of Minnesota school colors.
I'd have to look at my poster, but my impression was that it was printed in the Red Baron's colors because Red Baron sponsored the tournament.

That was a mistake for which the WCHA apologized. And in fairness to the WCHA, the posters were reprinted with UND correctly identified and the team picture at the top of the poster, recognizing the Sioux as the Final Five champs. The WCHA didn't have to do that, but it did. The WCHA also attempted to distribute the reprinted posters at the NCAA West Regionals at the Ralph, but wasn't allowed to do so by the NCAA. The league did all it could to atone for its mistake.

4. Upon receiving the poster, many UND fans were also told by the people distributing the posters that they could get the poster autographed at a fictitious room location.
Nobody ever told me that when I received my poster. Could it have been that there was some misinformation floating around rather than it being a conspiracy to deceive Sioux fans?

In short, the poster scam reflects a need by the "big city snobs" to demonstrate their intellectual superiority by ridiculing those of us from North Dakota that have come to the Final Five to support our team, our state, and the high quality of hockey to be found in the WCHA.

In short, I think you're being overly sensitive and thin-skinned.

In the past a free poster has been handed out at the entrances to the Xcel Energy Center featuring the WCHA teams participating in the Final Five. The most recent poster scams have exhibited the following flaws:

This post is a joke, right? :glare:???

The teams were arranged in order of how they were seeded for the tournament. The Gophers won the conference, so their team picture was on top as the No. 1 seed.

I'd have to look at my poster, but my impression was that it was printed in the Red Baron's colors because Red Baron sponsored the tournament.

That was a mistake for which the WCHA apologized. And in fairness to the WCHA, the posters were reprinted with UND correctly identified and the team picture at the top of the poster, recognizing the Sioux as the Final Five champs. The WCHA didn't have to do that, but it did. The WCHA also attempted to distribute the reprinted posters at the NCAA West Regionals at the Ralph, but wasn't allowed to do so by the NCAA. The league did all it could to atone for its mistake.

Nobody ever told me that when I received my poster. Could it have been that there was some misinformation floating around rather than it being a conspiracy to deceive Sioux fans?

In short, I think you're being overly sensitive and thin-skinned.

Last year was the ONLY year that posters were handed out..........and PCM covered all of your other ridiculous points quite nicely.

This post is a joke, right? :glare:???

;) I like the part of "big city snobs" Especially considering the Final 5 sponsor was Red Baron pizza whom is part of the Schwan Companies which is based in the booming metropolis of Marshall, MN population of 13,000. My guess is that all 13,000 residents of Marshall are "big city snobs" :lol:

The Skippies who were involved in the creation of the poster would likely be the first to show up on this site crying about Sioux fans wearing HC jerseys.

If they do it again, I would say either litter the ice or plug "The John" with them. A much clearer message.

;) I like the part of "big city snobs" Especially considering the Final 5 sponsor was Red Baron pizza whom is part of the Schwan Companies which is based in the booming metropolis of Marshall, MN population of 13,000. My guess is that all 13,000 residents of Marshall are "big city snobs" :lol:

I'm quite certain that they were not designed - let alone printed in Marshall however. There is no way that you can justify this mistake as I'm also quite certain that if the UofM was listed as Mn State or Tech - there would be hell to pay. But that of course would never happen as the 17 or so folks that proofed the document prior to print were from the "big city" and would catch an error such as that.

I'm quite certain that they were not designed - let alone printed in Marshall however. There is no way that you can justify this mistake as I'm also quite certain that if the UofM was listed as Mn State or Tech - there would be hell to pay.

Of course there would and I am sure Gophers fans wouldn't be very happy to be told oh settle down it was an honest mistake.

There would be hell to pay. tDon would be calling for someone's head.

The only real WCHA final 5 scam that I really know of was when the Gophers played the Friday Night game no matter what, and that has been eliminated... :glare:

Stop that - it is better to play Fri afternoon and have 24+ hours to recover for the title game Sat nite - let the Goph's play Fri night.

The only real WCHA final 5 scam that I really know of was when the Gophers played the Friday Night game no matter what, and that has been eliminated... :glare:

I agree with you on this one, never really did understand that, though I am sure it was done for FSN.

But you say that it's not true anymore ?? Where did you see that ?

Except when it is better for us :glare:

No, NOT even when it benefits us.

Southernmn, As I understand it the change was actually made about 2 or 3 years ago, but because of where the teams were seeded, it hasn't come up since then. But I have never seen it in writing...

Southernmn, As I understand it the change was actually made about 2 or 3 years ago, but because of where the teams were seeded, it hasn't come up since then. But I have never seen it in writing...

Gophers were the #1 seed last year, and the #3 seed the previous year, and yet both were night games. I think this policy is still in place.

I'm quite certain that they were not designed - let alone printed in Marshall however. There is no way that you can justify this mistake as I'm also quite certain that if the UofM was listed as Mn State or Tech - there would be hell to pay. But that of course would never happen as the 17 or so folks that proofed the document prior to print were from the "big city" and would catch an error such as that.

People from North Dakota get USD and SDSU confused all the time. People from South Dakota get UND and NDSU confused all the time. Therefore, it's not difficult for me to understand how this honest mistake was made in Minnesota.

Was I happy about it? No. I was quite angry at the time. The WCHA should have been embarrassed, and it was. But the league also went out of its way to make it up to Sioux fans, and the made it right for me.

If someone doesn't want to forgive and forget, that's fine. But to claim it was some sort of anti-UND conspiracy is ridiculous.

People from North Dakota get USD and SDSU confused all the time. People from South Dakota get UND and NDSU confused all the time. Therefore, it's not difficult for me to understand how this honest mistake was made in Minnesota.

Was I happy about it? No. I was quite angry at the time. The WCHA should have been embarrassed, and it was. But the league also went out of its way to make it up to Sioux fans, and the made it right for me.

If someone doesn't want to forgive and forget, that's fine. But to claim it was some sort of anti-UND conspiracy is ridiculous.

Of course is was not a conspiracy against UND - but this is not a local grade school hockey tournament either and printed material that is distributed by the thousands should be accurate. It was not a conspiracy - but it did show lack of respect by not getting it right when design, proofing and printing is your profession.

BISMARCK FAN, PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A**. HOW DO YOU EVEN MAKE UP GARBAGE LIKE THAT?

The Goofs should not get the night game all the time it is stupid. I forgot it is home ice for the the Goofs. So they should automatically get the night game regardless of their seeding. Maybe you should check your a#@'es location.

The Goofs should not get the night game all the time it is stupid. I forgot it is home ice for the the Goofs. So they should automatically get the night game regardless of their seeding. Maybe you should check your a#@'es location.

sioux7>5 I think Ski-u-mah was refering to what was discussed in post 1