SiouxSports.com Forum

New car dealerships

proudsioux

So I went to the alerus this morning to check out the big car sale that Hansen used to have there but they were bought out by a big corporation. AS i was walking around, I notice the outrages prices they have. Wondor how many people buy cars from them? Anyone buy one yet from these guys?

This fall I went to Lithia, looked at a new '07 vehicle, talked to a salesman and came away with a price $2,500 higher than the Chrysler dealership in Devils Lake. According to them , it was a "moving them off the lot" price. :D I'm thinking they didnt move very far, but the one in Devils Lake did. :ohmy:

My husband had a simillar experience a year ago on a '06, and ended up buying his truck in Bemidji. Same thing a couple weeks ago on a '07.

Is it because of Lithia? Dont know, but the '06 truck was still when Hansen had the place.

I actually had a manager at Gateway tell me last spring that they sold a lot of cars everyday, so it didn't matter if they sold me a car or not. *walks out* That was after he gave me a stupid story about JCPenney jewelry that I could have cared less about. All after they offered me $1500 less for my trade-in and wanted to sell me a car for about $2000 more than Finley Motors wanted for the same thing.

Only an idiot would have given them $3500 more after he basically said he didn't give a crap if I bought a car there.

I actually had a manager at Gateway tell me last spring that they sold a lot of cars everyday, so it didn't matter if they sold me a car or not. *walks out* That was after he gave me a stupid story about JCPenney jewelry that I could have cared less about. All after they offered me $1500 less for my trade-in and wanted to sell me a car for about $2000 more than Finley Motors wanted for the same thing.

Only an idiot would have given them $3500 more after he basically said he didn't give a crap if I bought a car there.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to Gateway.

Years ago I went to Gateway and I was looking at a new car and I was debating the purchase when my sale-woman told me that sleeping on it was not an option and I had 10 minutes to make up my mind. Needless to say I left. What a idiot, had she given me time I would have been more apt to buy from them.

Years ago I went to Gateway and I was looking at a new car and I was debating the purchase when my sale-woman told me that sleeping on it was not an option and I had 10 minutes to make up my mind. Needless to say I left. What a idiot, had she given me time I would have been more apt to buy from them.

Well, there you go. Women know nothing about cars. :D

This fall I went to Lithia, looked at a new '07 vehicle, talked to a salesman and came away with a price $2,500 higher than the Chrysler dealership in Devils Lake. According to them , it was a "moving them off the lot" price. :ohmy: I'm thinking they didnt move very far, but the one in Devils Lake did. :lol:

My husband had a simillar experience a year ago on a '06, and ended up buying his truck in Bemidji. Same thing a couple weeks ago on a '07.

Is it because of Lithia? Dont know, but the '06 truck was still when Hansen had the place.

WTF!!!!!! Are you guys dipping into the kids college funds!!!!!!!!!! :D

From my experience there, I have a hard time with believing Lithia sells at MSRP.

Didnt mean to slam you.

FYI, most dealers in the area sell vehicles well below MSRP. Historically, Jim Hansen's dealerships did the same. So... given the fact that Lithia sells at a higher price than the other area dealerships, it makes sense that they are likely selling at MSRP.