SiouxSports.com Forum

How important is this weekends series to you

Fetch

I don't really mind if other teams do well & are ranked above us

& the rodents are a very good 1st half team this yr

& I do believe they have a few guys who can even play better

We have had our problems (everyone knows what they are)

But I do feel we are on a up swing & will be better

I just hope it can all come together this weekend

seems like a make it or break it point in our season

Can this team all have a good game at the same time ? ? ?

Can a few of our stars really shine at the same time ? ? ?

Are you kidding me? I've already said it on other threads this week, but I think we can get 3 or 4 points this weekend. We know we have the talent, and we are finally playing the kind of hockey that will allow us to win games. We have future NHL stars who are now playing to their potential, a goalie who is playing with confidence and knows he can win in the mooch, and a defensive core that is finally playing with the Sioux tenacity we are used to. Throw away the records (otherwise we wouldn't play and give 4 pts to the goofers) because this is going to be a dogfight both nights. Man, is it 7 o'clock yet!!

Here is my take on this weekend:

For UND--this is a huge huge weekend. They need to continue to build upon their momentum from the previous 4 weeks. They need to get at least 3 points to keep ahead of Wisconsin for the 5th place in the WCHA. UW has played 16 league games where UND has played 18. UW appears to be turning the corner a bit. UND does not want to finish 6th in the WCHA and have to go to the Kohl Center for the 1st round. A series split does not do much to UND except improve their Pariwise ranking. If UND gets swept it could be a long remainder of the season.

MN--A sweep can give them some more seperation from DU & SCSU. Said teams are squaring off this weekend in Denver. I see a split with the SCSU/DU series. A sweep of UND coupled with a DU/SCSU split would vault the Gophers 7 points ahead of the 2nd place team in the WCHA. I guess I am not too concerned about the outcome of this weekend though. I want to see MN play their style of hockey and keep improving on the PP & PK.

Here is my take on this weekend:

I see a split with the SCSU/DU series. A sweep of UND coupled with a DU/SCSU split would vault the Gophers 7 points ahead of the 2nd place team in the WCHA. I guess I am not too concerned about the outcome of this weekend though. I want to see MN play their style of hockey and keep improving on the PP & PK.

I am sorry to cloud the issue with facts but UND hasn't been swept in Mpls since 1995.

I am sorry to cloud the issue with facts but UND hasn't been swept in Mpls since 1995.

*Sigh* Please go back and read my posts. I have been saying this series will be a split from the get go. In the aforementioned post my point was IF (key word IF) MN can sweep UND along with a SCSU/DU split would result in further seperation in the WCHA standing. The possibility of MN sweeping UND is very real, the possibility of UND sweeping MN is very real

I haven't seen much eveidence to suggest this. I think they were actually lucky to beat your team in Madtown.

See I disagree. UW style of play is very very defensive-minded. They basically sit back and wait for the other team to make mistakes and then capitilize on them. I think when they swept UND in the ralph a few weeks ago it gave them a boost of confidence. The MN series Friday UW was clearly the better team and I thought the Saturday game was 50/50.

We've got to win this weekend. If we get swept, we'll likely end up travelling in the first round.

That said, I think we have the tools to win, while the gophers just have tools.

Time to put on the foil, and kick some gopher butt! Let's Go Sioux!

Yep that was what I was talking about. ;)

I figured you were just blocking....after all Ballard schooled some poor over-matched Sioux forward in the corner, jumped into the play and scored the game winner. Meanwhile, back in MN's end, the poor over-matched Sioux forward pulled his jersey down just in time to see the Gophers celebrate the beginning of a glorious post season run. ???

What does this have to do with this weekend's series? Absolutely nothing other than it's fun to reminisce. I remember this one time in Detroit when this freshman from Roseau flicks the puck over the Sioux goalie..... ;):lol:

what were the significant reasons for Minn losing a couple games recently ?

I think the loss of Hirsch is really starting to take effect, especially on the power play. Plus every team is going to go on a slump somewhat, I think thats what we have seen lately. Plus (I don't believe this but others do apparently) the players that came back for the WJ's are still adjusting....like I said, I think this is kind of a lame excuse. Plus some injuries lately have depleted the line-up a bit. This weekend will be tough once again with the loss of Gordon, and with Kauffman being out and Pohl being out the line-up is going to be scarce again, much like the Gophers vs. Kato game. I think late in the game if the GOphers are leading you are going to see a lot of dumping the puck and short shifts.

See I disagree. UW style of play is very very defensive-minded. They basically sit back and wait for the other team to make mistakes and then capitilize on them. I think when they swept UND in the ralph a few weeks ago it gave them a boost of confidence. The MN series Friday UW was clearly the better team and I thought the Saturday game was 50/50.

Thats fine if you disagree, however, they Badgers have gone 2-2 in the new year. Granted they have a cream puff schedule in the second half as well, the problem is they can't score goals in their last 4 games they have scored 1, 4, 2, 0. I don't know about you but you have to score to win.

Not only for the points - but selfishly - for bragging rights with my colleagues. Not to mention the fact the the John is a miserable place to be when the Goofs win. The rodent followers are pretty good losers (they turn on their team like all good minny fans do) - but are the most arrogant winners that one could imagine.

So - a victory tonight (or even a tie) would be very special and set the tone for tomorrow's game and perhaps lead to that 3-4 point weekend.

Thats fine if you disagree, however, they Badgers have gone 2-2 in the new year. Granted they have a cream puff schedule in the second half as well, the problem is they can't score goals in their last 4 games they have scored 1, 4, 2, 0. I don't know about you but you have to score to win.

The BADgers couldn't score in a whorehouse.

Not only for the points - but selfishly - for bragging rights with my colleagues. Not to mention the fact the the John is a miserable place to be when the Goofs win. The rodent followers are pretty good losers (they turn on their team like all good minny fans do) - but are the most arrogant winners that one could imagine.

So - a victory tonight (or even a tie) would be very special and set the tone for tomorrow's game and perhaps lead to that 3-4 point weekend.

I actually would be happy with a couple of sister kissing episodes (ties not actually kissing my sister) this weekend too.