SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State Hockey Tourney

BisonMav

BisonMav:

Thanks for the interest in Sioux hockey. ???

Sorry, but none of UND's recruits for this coming fall are playing MSHSL hockey this season.

You can find a "cheat sheet" of guys to watch (and where they have signed or verballed) at:

http://members.aol.com/cheisenber/Recruit03.htm

They play in a tough conference with Roseville, Hastings etc.

Roseville happens to be their first round game.

Hastings has some good players coming up. Dan Welch's brother Joe, Marc Chorney's son and a couple more.

??? Here are some guys from our area that I have coached and are good prospects

Brandon Harrington, Rochester Lourdes

John Brunkhorst, Rochester Lourdes getting better every day.

Josh Duncan, Rochester Lourdes

Nick Forliti, Rochester Lourdes smart son of one of Mankato States all time leading scorers..

A.J. Smith, Rochester Lourdes cousin of Michigan Tech Dman Clay Wilson, Is really improving and working hard came in from Des Moines and is getting better every day...

I know CC is looking at these guys...

I also know Brandon Harrington would love to come to North Dakota.

I think Brunkhorst has a real high upside..

Duncan has great balance and is a steady dman

Also couple I like on Lakeville,

Wong, Davis, Clemmens...

I would Hope the Sioux would watch these guys. Brunkhorst is big fast and has soft hands for a big guy.

Great goal last night to beat Hibbing... Made several other strong plays to the net. Also set up Forliti early in first period short-handed that Nick didn't quite put away.

Brandon is a junior and needs a year or maybe even two to be a top WCHA player. I understand he is set to go to Sioux Falls. I am sure he will do well there and be a top player for some WCHA school.

I hope he stays west as he is an excellent student too!

Also, I think it would be great if some USHL teams would extend a tender to the Brunkhorst boy as he would really be a player in two years if he can get the chance to develop.

I think he has a big chance to be a very good college and proffessional player with his strength and skating and soft hands...

Oh yeah he ran over about 5 guys last night too!!! ???

from The Sicatoka

Sorry, but none of UND's recruits for this coming fall are playing MSHSL hockey this season.

You can find a "cheat sheet" of guys to watch (and where they have signed or verballed) at:

http://members.aol.com/cheisenber/Recruit03.htm

I looked on there saw a bunch of familiar names, but does anyone know anything about this Chad Dahlen from Lake Superior transfering in next year. Any info?

He is a Devils Lake, ND, native and played for Hakstol at Sioux City in the USHL.

Until recently he had been practicing with the team and I saw him at most home games dressed in a suit and tie.

However, last weekend, Blais said he is no longer practicing with the team and is focusing on his studies. It was a fairly ambiguous statement and I am not sure if it meant he needed to get his grades up or that he was no longer a part of the team.

If he is a part of the team next year, I would not imagine he would be a big contributor, but I could be wrong!

??? Here are some guys from our area that I have coached and are good prospects

Brandon Harrington,  Rochester Lourdes

John Brunkhorst, Rochester Lourdes getting better every day.

Josh Duncan, Rochester Lourdes

Nick Forliti, Rochester Lourdes smart son of one of Mankato States all time leading scorers..

A.J. Smith, Rochester Lourdes cousin of Michigan Tech Dman Clay Wilson,  Is really improving and working hard came in from Des Moines and is getting better every day...

I know CC is looking at these guys...

I also know Brandon Harrington would love to come to North Dakota.

I think Brunkhorst has a real high upside..

Duncan has great balance and is a steady dman

Also couple I like on Lakeville,

Wong, Davis, Clemmens...

HKNTSMN,

I agree with your assessment of the Lakeville kids. I was at the sectional final last week for their game against Rochester Century. Unbelievable game.....5 OTs and the Lakeville goalie had 78 saves. Wong and Davis were outstanding. Lots of good hockey talent in SE MN....I hope it flows to Grand Forks.

Also,

So MN guys on Holy Angels,

Kevin Huck and Jimmy Kilpatrick are having great games this afternoon. I have not had the pleasure to coach these two but did have their older brothers..

Moorhead just scored to make it 5-2... 3 minutes to go....