SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Day in Minnesota

AZSIOUX

pretty cool to watch this right now.......

1 hour of history, outdoor high school game in baudette (st paul johnson vs lake of the woods), gophs/du game then wild game

hockey day doing a peice in henry boucha, native american from warroad, very very cool to learn about this, wow

people saying he was best HIGH SCHOOL player they ever saw play, wow

he still lives in warroad, very cool story

1 hour of history, outdoor high school game in baudette (st paul johnson vs lake of the woods), gophs/du game then wild game

hockey day doing a peice in henry boucha, native american from warroad, very very cool to learn about this, wow

people saying he was best player they ever saw play, wow

He may have been the best HIGH SCHOOL player people ever saw.

VERY good pro player, but hardly the best ever................though it is hard to tell how good he MAY have been.

Very nice guy, and now gives back a lot to the game.

He may have been the best HIGH SCHOOL player people ever saw.

VERY good pro player, but hardly the best ever................though it is hard to tell how good he MAY have been.

Very nice guy, and now gives back a lot to the game.

THATS WHAT I MEANT, BEST HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER....edited

Fabian is the coach for LOW and from Roseau. He related to Erik?

I watched him being interviewed during the pre-game and intermission - there is no doubt they are related, it has to be his older brother.

That was an incredible hockey game to watch as well!! High school hockey, outside on Baudette Bay, the Baudette players helped to build the rink over the course of the last month. Parents and fans standing on the side of the lake wearing their hunting gear, watching the game in about 2 degree weather. What a great story and a great idea. There is not greater sport than hockey!

Like any minimally descent hockey fan, I went to this game (stab at all you lowly Sioux fans driving from BSU to UND not through Baudette... :D ). The coach for Baudette is Fabians brother, who among other things played pro football in Italy. I stood by Fabians mom freezing at the game. The cool thing about this game is that SPJ beat LotW 8-1 the week before. LotW came back to win this one 5-3.

What I remember from the game:

It was COLD!

Like any minimally descent hockey fan, I went to this game (stab at all you lowly Sioux fans driving from BSU to UND not through Baudette... :D ). The coach for Baudette is Fabians brother, who among other things played pro football in Italy. I stood by Fabians mom freezing at the game. The cool thing about this game is that SPJ beat LotW 8-1 the week before. LotW came back to win this one 5-3.

What I remember from the game:

It was COLD!

i was looking for ya in that group of people :D didnt see ya.....you should have shouted FABIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN and the camera would have panned to you :)

then you should have pushed john wiebal into a snow bank ;)

Snow Bank?

There was such a convenient bridge...

I even had the Sioux flag flying for a short while. BTW, Do I need to carefully check the fantasy hockey score this weekend? ;):D

:D yeah, i would double check it for sure whatever you had i was going to end up with a few more :)

gotcha by 1 point..........

One of the neatest snippets I saw on Saturday was a story they did on the '81 North Stars, which brought back a lot of memories. My brother worked for the MNS that season and I was able to attend 1 game each of every series against Boston, Buffalo, Calgary and NYI. The Boucha story was great, they relived some of the great Roseau teams, International Falls, Warroad, lots of state tournament recollections, interviews with some players from Silver winning USA Olympic teams, I could have done with a few less SCSU highlights against the Gophers :huh: and yes Waibel wasn't very good at all. :lol: There are several other stories I'm forgetting to mention that probably should but there were so many during the day.

I have the entire day DVR'd and have watched all of it twice through now. :D

people saying he was best HIGH SCHOOL player they ever saw play, wow

I believe Henry is a cousin to The Oshie. Now that's some hockey bloodlines. Henry also has a book out, I think it is called "Star of the North" or something like that. I have not read it myself, but would like to as I think it would be intresting.