SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

Anyone notice how many shots on the power play we had tonight? We steadily improved. The first Powerplay I saw was with something like 6 minutes left in the first. We had one shot on goal (Chorney from basically the blue line) and one shot attempt. The next power play we started shooting and we doubled it! Two shots on goal! And what happened the third power play? A GOAL! Catch the trend here? SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK!

TJ Oshie is the most snake bitten player I've EVER SEEN. The guy had two gimmes and he found pad both times. MANY MANY MANY pucks seeming to bounce at just the right times (when they get to Sioux sticks), passes behind players, overskating... Seriously, folks. We need to communicate better on the ice and do more passing drills because we just can't catch a pass!

No finishing and, in my opinion, in the third with about 10 minutes to go or thereabouts, we basically were playing to run out the clock. UAA worked their BUTTS off and they tied it up when Lammy couldn't stop the puck five hole. In all fairness, that was an unfortunate goal. Lammy played good, but his attitude was awful. He made a save in the second period with his glove and threw the puck out of his glove to the ice in a rather sour manner. In the third he got Really emotional.

Two missed penalties I noticed: Watkins with the worlds most obvious goaltender interference call, went uncalled. UAA player with at least a boarding penalty on Oshie, no call.

This was a frustrating tie. We needed a win. Well, let's face it. It's a toss up as to who is going to come out with more zip tommorrow. UAA fought back from a 2 goal deficit, which really boosts their morale and motivation. UND basically couldn't finish (theme of the year). Toss up tommorrow night as far as I am concerned.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was one of the reasons - go back and look at the 3rd goal. With that in mind, that was not the sole reason we lost. At times, primarily in the first period and portions of the 3rd, the team looked really good. At other times, the Sioux were caught on their heals and standing around when they should have been skating.

On Alaska's first goal the d-man (not Lee) should have had his man tied up but did not and the guy banged home a rebound - another defensive break-down. That coupled with not being able to convert on numerous scoring opportunities was the reason for the tie.

I still believe that one of these games, the flood gates will open and the Sioux will score about 8 goals.

yeah. if we keep saying this its bound to happen :angry::lol: then again maybe not, its been 12 weeks

yeah cut him, im pissed as well gona go bash a mailbox :lol:

I agree!

And someone pack Finley's bags! :angry:

It is interesting to see that Lee gets chastised for perhaps the only mistake of the game he made and yet no one touches Oshie's failure to miss on two gift passes, Watkins misses, and so on and so forth.

I agree!

And someone pack Finley's bags! :angry:

It is interesting to see that Lee gets chastised for perhaps the only mistake of the game he made and yet no one touches Oshie's failure to miss on two gift passes, Watkins misses, and so on and so forth.

There have been some comments about Oshie. He needs to finish.

Just checking box scores; they're more frustrated in St. Cloud tonight. The Huskies were up 4-1 in the third and MSUM scored the next 5 goals to win 6-4.

probably not, they are #3 in the nation...they were due to lose like the gophs

i have already mentioned it 4 or 5 times, FINISH, way to talented not to

He needs to get one ugly garbage goal to go in for him. It will be like a ballplayer in a batting slump. Little bloop single or a bunt to dig yourself out of a slump. If he gets one, watch out. The bounces might start going his way. It's VERY frustrating.

Those dumb defensive plays are really magnified when you don't capitalize on your scoring chances. Have to get some goals.

And what really frustrates/dumb founds me is how they can do that against Alaska, when not even a week ago they held a pretty good CC team to 6 shots over the 2nd & 3rd periods!!! W!T!F! How the hell is that possible?? "You're killing me, Smalls!! Just killing me!!!"

Maybe Foyt needs to be back in the line up tomorrow night? And get Radke back on D or the bench. Those penalties were just dumb as hell, especially for a Senior. Pull your head out of your a$$. You have to bring the Frosh line back together. Martens didn't do much for me at all. Let Forney get his chance Sat. and see if they can't bust it open.

I thought the Zajac, VV and Martens had a nice game. It seemed that they were able to control the play when they were on the ice - that being said they need to convert.

I like Genoway at forward - I think he is better utilized in that capacity. Keep in mind, I am just a fat-old guy sitting behind the computer playing "arm-chair quaterback" so don't go calling Hak and telling him he is wrong in suiting him up at D :angry:

There have been some comments about Oshie. He needs to finish.

If Oshie finished even ONE of his opportunities, does it matter what Lee does? Nope. Sioux win in regulation 4-3.

I just find it amusing that some posters would rather blame Lee for one mistake rather than a bunch of other players for a bunch of mistakes and missed opportunities.

Wasn't it either Bina, Porter, or Chorney that had the puck jump over his stick, which led to UAA's 2nd goal? Or was that somehow Lee's fault? Or Finley's?

Maybe the Sioux losing can't be tied to team failings or missed opportunities. AZSioux is right. Hak should cut Lee and Finley. Maybe Vandevelde and Forney soon after that. Then, if Forney and VV need to be cut, Hak should cut Porter after all, he is the captain.

Did Lee make a mistake? Yup. Does Lee deserve some criticism? Absolutely. Does Lee deserve the blame for the results tonight? Nope. Oshie, VV, Watkins, Toews, Porter, gosh who else? All had opportunities to put the game away. They didn't. That's why we didn't win. Mistakes happen in games. They do. There is NO F-ING WAY a team can play perfect hockey. NO WAY. So good teams find other ways to win. I think we couldn't finish and that's why we didn't get the result we needed.

And what really frustrates/dumb founds me is how they can do that against Alaska, when not even a week ago they held a pretty good CC team to 6 shots over the 2nd & 3rd periods!!! W!T!F! How the hell is that possible?? "You're killing me, Smalls!! Just killing me!!!"

Maybe Foyt needs to be back in the line up tomorrow night? And get Radke back on D or the bench. Those penalties were just dumb as hell, especially for a Senior. Pull your head out of your a$$. You have to bring the Frosh line back together. Martens didn't do much for me at all. Let Forney get his chance Sat. and see if they can't bust it open.

Radke is a junior. Foyt is the senior.