SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the first, missed the second, saw the third. Sioux looked great in the first. Watching the third it felt like either a goal against or a penalty was coming. Finally the goal did. Plenty of chances in tight for JT and TJ; just not going now. As far as I could tell, Phil played a good game in net.

How many times do we have to see Lee give the puck away in the D-zone and see the other team score? Regardless, the team looked flat-footed out there at many times during the game.

i didnt see lee as having a bad game at all. we are plain and simple not finishing nice passes in front of the net, oshie had at least 4 tonight...others as well, bury it, if we get 4 goals we win every game...come on sioux

We definetly played hard tonight.

I hate to note that the "we played hard" line is the usual refrain of losing teams.

I hate to sound like an old fart, but I can recall the days when AA on the schedule was the signal for the WCHA stat keeper to put 4 ponts on the Sioux side of the ledger.

i didnt see lee as having a bad game at all. we are plain and simple not finishing nice passes in front of the net, oshie had at least 4 tonight...others as well, bury it, if we get 4 goals we win every game...come on sioux

How about the 3rd goal when he made a very POOR pass in front of his net and 2 seconds later the puck is in the net. Prior to that he gets beat in the corner and the guy walks out and Lammy makes a huge save. Lee played great...when he was on the bench.

I hate to note that the "we played hard" line is the usual refrain of losing teams.

I hate to sound like an old fart, but I can recall the days when AA on the schedule was the signal for the WCHA stat keeper to put 4 ponts on the Sioux side of the ledger.

I liked how we played tonight. Hate the fact that we lost. Made a few mistakes and payed the price.

I agree that I hate the "we played hard" line. Needed to have these 4 points this weekend.

Hak said irresponsible plays with the puck caused the 2nd and 3rd goals and not happy with the team not making the safe play.

TH blamed the refs for not making calls, believing this hurt the Sioux more than AA. Hak almost lost his composure here. Said "I don't know what the hell we're doing" and made a comment about how the WCHA should be better than this. At first I thought he was telling Tim not to blame the refs for this game, but then it seemed like he was ripping the league for piss poor officiating.

Duncan say this tie feels like a loss. Credits Oshie with the real work on his first goal. Says there's a different attitude in the locker room now, they grind other teams down and will try to take the positives out of tonite's game and take tomorrow's.

Anybody listen to Hak after the game? I caught the tail end of it. Sounded pissed off. Wish I would have caught the whole thing.

No. But it couldn't have been the ref'ing that pissed him off. They reminded me of the refs of old......

I guess I'm an old fart too if I can remember back to the old days when the refs let the boys play hockey.

How about the 3rd goal when he made a very POOR pass in front of his net and 2 seconds later the puck is in the net. Prior to that he gets beat in the corner and the guy walks out and Lammy makes a huge save. Lee played great...when he was on the bench.

we fkn blew 2 points..kind of important right now.....the lee stuff is valid but hes not the reason we lost the game

Hak said irresponsible plays with the puck caused the 2nd and 3rd goals and not happy with the team not making the safe play.

TH blamed the refs for not making calls, believing this hurt the Sioux more than AA. Hak almost lost his composure here. Said "I don't know what the hell we're doing" and made a comment about how the WCHA should be better than this. At first I thought he was telling Tim not to blame the refs for this game, but then it seemed like he was ripping the league for piss poor officiating.

Duncan say this tie feels like a loss. Credits Oshie with the real work on his first goal. Says there's a different attitude in the locker room now, they grind other teams down and will try to take the positives out of tonite's game and take tomorrow's.

geeeez, 1st if we get hoses on calls we bich now we do when they let the kids play......whatever man, we blew it, simple.....breakdowns and the inability to finish right on front of the dam net will do it

I guess it was the refs that pissed him off. I'm only watching on a lap top, so I did not see what could have pissed him off about the refing. Any insight?

how about being mad at the players for not winning and not worrying about the refs for once

me too, wish it could have gotten us 2 points though

I hope they keep it and played pissed off tomorrow night! With the way the game ended I think that's a given. I'm just glad that Oshie isn't the only one laying out the smack, finally.

They just lost their legs about 3 minutes left, it was almost like they had decided they had already won right then. The loss (this tie is a loss to me too) makes you mad not because of a lack of effort, but because you know the talent level and for some reason they just can't bury the f'in puck.

I liked that Duncan said the team can feel they are rolling again. Wearing teams down. Hopefully that means tomorrow night they will lay even more lumber and get Oshie off the shnide. Maybe we just need to get him laid?

we fkn blew 2 points..kind of important right now.....the lee stuff is valid but hes not the reason we lost the game

He was one of the reasons - go back and look at the 3rd goal. With that in mind, that was not the sole reason we lost. At times, primarily in the first period and portions of the 3rd, the team looked really good. At other times, the Sioux were caught on their heals and standing around when they should have been skating.

On Alaska's first goal the d-man (not Lee) should have had his man tied up but did not and the guy banged home a rebound - another defensive break-down. That coupled with not being able to convert on numerous scoring opportunities was the reason for the tie.

I still believe that one of these games, the flood gates will open and the Sioux will score about 8 goals.