SiouxSports.com Forum

Midget Tourney

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

I was at both games tonight on the Main Rink. The Little Cesear's team from Detroit wasn't very impressive in the first period, but then scored four goals in about three minutes at the end of the second and ended up winning 5-1 or 5-2.

The SSM/WI game was pretty entertaining. A lot of whistles, mainly icing and offsides. SSM outshot WI 45ish to about 17. Nice shootout goal by D. Toews. For SSM, I liked #9 a lot, Leah will have to help me with the names as she has the program. And #16, the one mentioned by AZ was pretty good. Blood is definitly bigger than the rest of the team! Murray seems like he'll be one heck of a player, and I wish we had him on our team... lots of hussle!

But I'm freezing, tired, and have class in the morning... if I remember anything else, I'll add it later

gracias mi amigo :)

sconnie has 3 players from shattuck. i think they may be on the same line :D i wonder if david toews is planning on signing, im assuming so since he did go back to shattuck...

nice recap

Little Caesar's Midget Major team isn't that great. The big Detroit-area AAA programs(Honeybaked, to a lesser extent Caesar's, and to a much lesser extent Belle Tire) are all freaking amazing at the Midget Minor level and then all their best players leave for the NTDP, or major juniors, or the USHL and they're left with pretty average midget major teams.

If anybody gets a chance to go and watch the LA Jr. Kings, I'd recommend it. They've got forward Troy Power and defenseman Max Nicastro who I think are two of the better prospects for their age group, as well as a couple other kids with a good shot at playing college hockey.

Was able to talk with Derek Stepan and Jordy Murray at the Sat. night game. Really nice kids, very polite, and talked with my wife and I for a while-asked a lot of questions about the Sioux players and spoke about their time at SSM. Wish they were coming here, two very nice young men. Had to dig em a little bit though for goin' to UW :sad:

Where the heck do you get more info about this tournament? Is there a link? I was going to go today but ended up not going and wanted to see tournament results. Thanks

I haven't been able to find a website for this where the results would be posted, but I'll keep looking.

However, I was a little bit disappointed with the Shattuck team for being ranked #1 in the country before the tournament started....