SiouxSports.com Forum

Where Are We?

The Sicatoka

They also got away with murder on line changes - especially on Friday night. I wasn't sure if MN was still the home team. Gwoz would have 6-7 guys on the ice (usually a line and two sets of d) and depending upon what Lucia sent out DU would pull one set. But the tackling, holding, clutching,.... was an embaressment to hockey. I remember reading Sioux fans complaining about DU's tactics and thinking it couldn't be that bad. I humbly apologize.

I figured the Gophers would experience the same thing, fact is that some teams have to resort to those types of tactics because they can't skate with teams like UofM, C.C. and UND. I think it is a travesty. It is bad for the game. JP Parise talked about this on the radio one night between periods. JP said it was basically a disgrace. I agree.

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but if UND gets home ice for the playoffs, I think I'd rather see the Sioux play the Pioneers rather than SCSU.

I think I would rather play the Sioux play any team that doesn't have Dubielewicz.

MN lit it up with Dubbie in nets. He was pulled after two periods of the Saturday night game. Personally, I thought Berkholts (sp?) played far better at Mariucci.

Either way, get the yellow flags out for DU - the refs will have plenty of 10 yard holding penalties to deal with.

I think I'd rather see the Sioux play the Pioneers rather than SCSU.

Glad to see the Sioux get Denver, would be nice to get back the 3 points lost a couple weeks ago. Appears that the referee corps has reviewed the Denver tackling tactics and have been sticking them in the box more since the Sioux series. Denver certainly will clutch and grab to try to slow down the Sioux, but I don't think the tackling will fly.

At any rate, the REA may want to paint yard lines on the ice, and yard markers on the boards before Denver arrives.

Sounded like the Sioux got a few bounces against Wisco. Thought the luck had changed when Spiewak's shot hit the crossbar and deflected INTO the net.