SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Minnesota St.

bincitysioux

Youmens hit a 3 pointer from about 8 ft behind the arc and then Doyle just missed stealing the inbounds to bring it within three. Fouled, MSU hit a free throw and then Boyce hit a three at the buzzer.

Sioux end up losing 92-91.

Great effort against one of the best teams in DII. What an entertaining group of players. A real fun team to follow.

Just got home from the games. Women won, but didn't play well AT ALL!!!! 33% FG for the game. The men were AWESOME though. Sure makes you feel bad that they played that hard and lost. They did, however, play the #1 team in the conference and the #6 team in the nation to 1 point. Very impressive performance by the men!!

Offensively, UND is extremely good. About the only criticism I have is that they don't make (or even take) many 3's. I think Emmanuel Little may very well be the best player in the conference right now. Anderson and Dreas will, of course, make more 3's, and probably have a little higher scoring average, but I wouldn't take either over Little. Unfortunately, defensively the Sioux just aren't there yet. I don't fault the effort, but the results just aren't very good.

Unfortunately, defensively the Sioux just aren't there yet.

You can say that again! UND played a fantastic game offensively last night. They shot 60% from the field, 55% from beyond the arc, 93% from the FT line, only turned it over a season low 11 times, scored 91 points, and still lost. :silly:

I,too, like the direction the men's team is headed. I also noticed more people stuck around after half time last night. Quite a few fans were even applauding the effort as the team left the floor. This team needs a few wins for their confidence. They could also be a team that can play a major role in the NCC tournament.

Offensively, UND is extremely good. About the only criticism I have is that they don't make (or even take) many 3's. I think Emmanuel Little may very well be the best player in the conference right now. Anderson and Dreas will, of course, make more 3's, and probably have a little higher scoring average, but I wouldn't take either over Little. Unfortunately, defensively the Sioux just aren't there yet. I don't fault the effort, but the results just aren't very good.

I agree the 3's came at the end of the game for the men. Offensively sound down low. IMHO,would like to see better rebounding.

I thought the women played pretty good against a team that was a much weaker team. I love Ashley Langen the men could learn a little about fighting for rebounds from her IMHO..