SiouxSports.com Forum

USA vs Finland

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat Sweeney announced on the WDAZ news that the US-Canada game will be on KNOX 1310 radio starting at 9 AM on Wednesday. The station is available to most of eastern North Dakota so a lot of people should be able to hear it.

Great!

I think Canada will win but it will be a closer game than the first time. I don't think Canada is that dominant despite not losing any games. However, I think they are flat out better than the US. The US will make it close though.

Canada takes Gold

Great!

I think Canada will win but it will be a closer game than the first time. I don't think Canada is that dominant despite not losing any games. However, I think they are flat out better than the US. The US will make it close though.

Canada takes Gold

Skill wise, the US may be better than Canada, but each of the guys on Canada knows how to play their roles, and are willing to do that. The interesting thing to see, which we probably won't see, would be to see how Canada would react if they were to get down early. We already know that the US abandons game plan and plays as individuals, but it would be interesting to see if Canada's boys were able to keep their composure if they were to get down. I expect the U.S. to be competitive for the first 2 periods, but the quick turnaround game will most likely play a big difference in this game. The US played as a team today, which is what they need to do tomorrow, regardless if Canada takes the early lead. Can't play selfish or dumb hockey at any point in order to have a chance at the win. Go USA!

im assuming since it is medal round now there will be no shootouts? just OT until a team scores?

I'm pretty sure the new rules state that if it's tied after regulation, they go to a 10 minute 4 on 4 OT followed by a shootout. The final game would be a 20 minute 4 on 4 OT followed by a shootout.

I was wondering if anyone could possibly tape the game tomorrow if they get it. Would be willing to pay for it. Just let me know.

if i dont come up with any problems i will tivo it and burn it for you....

are you a USA or CANADA fan?

its not showing on my nhl center ice package yet but i assume it will just be on when game time comes. is it 10:00 est? thanks

if i dont come up with any problems i will tivo it and burn it for you....

are you a USA or CANADA fan?

its not showing on my nhl center ice package yet but i assume it will just be on when game time comes. is it 10:00 est? thanks

Yes it is 10 am est. 9 am for all of us cst people.

NHL Center Ice ch 764 for Direct TV (thats what we found from looking at the rest of the tsn programming).

If it isn't, I'll surf until I find it. :lol:

EDIT: Looks like it's ch 767 (pre-game is on now) 8:58 am

Skill wise, the US may be better than Canada, but each of the guys on Canada knows how to play their roles, and are willing to do that. The interesting thing to see, which we probably won't see, would be to see how Canada would react if they were to get down early. We already know that the US abandons game plan and plays as individuals, but it would be interesting to see if Canada's boys were able to keep their composure if they were to get down. I expect the U.S. to be competitive for the first 2 periods, but the quick turnaround game will most likely play a big difference in this game. The US played as a team today, which is what they need to do tomorrow, regardless if Canada takes the early lead. Can't play selfish or dumb hockey at any point in order to have a chance at the win. Go USA!

U.S. takes the upset in a two goal differential :lol:

I haven't heard of all of the players on Canada's roster but some of the guys that got cut would have been on team USA's top two lines. i.e Codi Burki, Ben Maxwell,Mathieu Perreault.

Goaltending: Advantage Canada: Frazee is sketchy at times, Price and Irving are much more realible.

Defense: Advantage Canada: I like the Johnson's and Chorney for US, but Canada is loaded back there.

Offense: Advantage Canada but closer than the other catagories: Muehler maybe the best forward in the tournament, Canada is much deeper than the US.

I'm seeing a 7-5 type game tommorow.

Goaltending: Advantage Canada: Frazee is sketchy at times, Price and Irving are much more realible.

Frazee has been pretty darn good at the tournament. And he's undefeated in IIHF play. He'll have to be even better tomorrow though if the US is going to win.