SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 MN High School Hockey

Matt

Some interesting interstate matchups in the next two days. Tonight Roseau, #4 in MN Class AA vs Grand Forks Central; Friday Warroad, #6 in MN Class A vs. Grafton/Park River. Warroad beat Fargo North on Wed 7-1, and GPR beat unranked Osseo/Marantha Christian 7-2.

I'm not sure what to think of these games. I believe Central will surprise some people and give Roseau all they want. Given Roseau lost at home to Moorhead 4-1 this year, and then had a very tight game against a Bemidji team that Moorhead beat 12-0, I'm wondering if Roseau isn't a bit overrated this year.

As for the Warroad/GPR game, I see the same scenario. Warroad's best win this year would be their home win vs class A #12 Orono 6-5, and they did beat Grand Forks Central 4-1 on the road. However, they got smoked at Class A #5 Hibbing 5-1. I see Warroad in a close one, only because they are at home.

Schwan Cup Update: Gold division 3rd place-Hill-Murray, ranked #6 in AA, defeated unranked White Bear Lake, 3- 2. This game actually has broader implications than third place. It is a big rivalry game with these teams, and has implications on the Section 3 AA seedings come playoff time, which makes a big difference when there is also 2004 state champion Centennial and #5 Roseville to get through to even qualify for the big show at the X.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Compare? I'm not gonna get drawn into that discussion. I started the MN hockey thread for info, not to rip ND hockey. I thought you posted that Grafton-Warroad score as an FYI for overlapping schedules with MN teams.

Only 1 favored team in AA won yesterday. Grand Rapids played a great game against Edina and potential future Sioux, Zack Budish. Edina has alot of talent. Grand Rapids has Patrick White who seems alot like Oshie. Northern Minnesota teams were 5-0 in the first round of the tournement (both classes).