SiouxSports.com Forum

Rutgers in Texas Bowl tonight on NFLN

JESUS,family,rutgers

Finally, after 137 years, the streak is over. I didn't think it would be so easy. Kansas State must have played their hearts out to beat Texas earlier in the season. There are so many Rutgers players, coaches, staff and fans who have been waiting so long for last night. Our recruiting before last night was at level we could not have imagined just three years ago. With the bowl win, it can only get better. The school has started selling season tickets for next season and in the month of December we have doubled the number of season ticket holders.Near the end of the game, I started thinking about my Dad who took me to my first Rutgers game thirty years ago on Thanksgiving against Colgate at The Meadowlands. He always preferred college and high school games to the pros--he would always say the atmosphere was much more fun. I miss him a lot. Thanks Sioux fans for following my team and GOD Bless all of you in 2007.

GO NORTH DAKOTA!

GO RUTGERS!

Great win for Rutgers, and this will only make things for the program that much better.

JFR,

Are you making the trip for the Sioux game tonight? If you do, have a great time, and cheer loud. I'll be listening on the radio, and maybe watching on the net.

Have a wonderful, healthy, and happy 2007.

GO SIOUX !!

Hi Siouxmama,

I won't be at tonights game,but I am getting up VERY early for the drive tomorrow. I hope to see a little of the campus before the consolation game that North Dakota WON'T be in and then after the Sioux WIN the championship game get an hour or two on the road before I find a motel on the way back. Looking forward to seeing my first game. It would be great if North Dakota would play at Princeton,which is almost in my back yard, or Army which would only be a couple hour drive.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!--THANKS COACH SCHIANO!

Hi Siouxmama,

I won't be at tonights game,but I am getting up VERY early for the drive tomorrow. I hope to see a little of the campus before the consolation game that North Dakota WON'T be in and then after the Sioux WIN the championship game get an hour or two on the road before I find a motel on the way back. Looking forward to seeing my first game. It would be great if North Dakota would play at Princeton,which is almost in my back yard, or Army which would only be a couple hour drive.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!--THANKS COACH SCHIANO!

Bro, start saving your pennies and come watch the boys at the Ralph sometime. (Although this year home games have been a little frustrating for us hardcore fans.)

What a day today--I never thought I would see the day when one of the top players, OL Anthony Davis 6 foot five inch and 330 pounds, would announce on NBC that he had chosen Rutgers over Southern Cal and Ohio State. I don't think we have ever had a more sought after player come to RU.

GO NORTH DAKOTA!

GO RUTGERS!

What a day today--I never thought I would see the day when one of the top players, OL Anthony Davis 6 foot five inch and 330 pounds, would announce on NBC that he had chosen Rutgers over Southern Cal and Ohio State. I don't think we have ever had a more sought after player come to RU.

GO NORTH DAKOTA!

GO RUTGERS!

Sounds like a great recruit. Congrats! :lol:

Edit: Is there a free message board for Rutgers....I went to ScarletNation.com and it looked like a $9.95/mo fee.

Hello Shawn-O,

There are two Rutgers fan sites---stateofrutgers.com and scarletnation.com. They are both free unless you want to see the "premium" information which basically means you find out about potential prospects a couple days before everyone else. I would say that the stateofrutgers.com site has less people on it,but seems to be more civil and not as speculative about recruiting. On scarletnation.com, the posters usually have us recruiting hundreds of potential players. The posters on there think every high school student in cleats is being recruited by Coach Schiano! I used to spend a LOT of time on the Rutgers sites,but not as much anymore. To be honest with you, there are too many people (not all) who just enjoy harshly verbally attacking others and their questions/ideas. I don't believe that the posters represent most Rutgers fans. For some reason, these sites are not known by the average fans. Often, I'll ask people about them and they don't even know they exist.

The day gets better--another huge OL, Richard Muldrow, just announced he is choosing RU over West Virginia, Penn State, Maryland, and Boston College. I just wish our basketball team would do as well!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

Congrats on Richard Muldrow chossing RU & good luck next season. GO GATORS SWAMP THOSE BUCKEYES.

Tommiejo,

Congratulations on ANOTHER National Championship. Your sports fans must be going wild between basketball and football. I would assume your team is now taking almost all the best recruits and leaving the rest for Miami and Florida State. Do you and other Gator fans think that South Florida could replace Miami as one of the Big 3 if Miami doesn't get their facilities,coaching,behavior, and image improved soon?

Tommiejo,

Congratulations on ANOTHER National Championship. Your sports fans must be going wild between basketball and football. I would assume your team is now taking almost all the best recruits and leaving the rest for Miami and Florida State. Do you and other Gator fans think that South Florida could replace Miami as one of the Big 3 if Miami doesn't get their facilities,coaching,behavior, and image improved soon?

That's a real good question. One would think that way as we speak. The funny thing is that I live about 10 minutes away from USF (Universtiy of South Florida). Now as to the question, speaking for myself I think in another 5-10 years maybe. Then again i'm speaking for myself. On the other hand it might be sooner as for the U (University of Miami) if they don't get their act together such as every that you have said that program will be heading down the tubes. It wasn' that long ago when if you want to know how everyone did in the top 20 & i'm giving away my age here folks. All you had to do was to look at the game results from whoever was in the top 20 & we're talking about 30-35 years ago here. The reason was the U wasn't scare to play anybody. Furthermore I can't remember the Coach's name but he's coaching a FAU who started turning the U into a powerhouse. Their behavior & image problems came along when Jimmy Johnson was coaching there afterwards & it's been going downhill ever since. Here's something that people don't know about college football in the state of Florida. The first national champion in college football wasn't Miami nor FSU nor Florida. As a matter of fact in 1978 it was Florida A&M a all black school that won the D1AA that year. So thank you for asking & I hope i'm right on USF replacing Miami as one of the big 3 only time will tell on that one.

2006 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS FLORIDA GATORS. GO GATORS & 2006 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS IN D-1 BASKETBALL IN THE SAME YEAR.