SiouxSports.com Forum

The Ice

Siouxrock

I would guess that the high school players would have more of a problem with the ice not being set since they only have 12 minutes between periods and not 15. But either way there were still some pools for when the sioux play. Something needs to get fixed.

there is a lot of puddles

That's a different issue from the one you originally brought up. As has been discussed here many times in past threads, eveyrone knows that the ice isn't setting up the way it should. I believe it's been mentioned that there are plans to fix this in the off-season.

Every new building has a break-in period of a season or two, before the crews figure out its dynamics and how to get the ice "perfect". Mariucci took some time before they got it to where it is today, and the Xcel Center had the same problems after it first opened.

I would guess that the high school players would have more of a problem with the ice not being set since they only have 12 minutes between periods and not 15. But either way there were still some pools for when the sioux play. Something needs to get fixed.

Well.. first of all at the HS tournament there was 15 between periods. Second of all, the zambonis at sioux games don't usually get out until the 3rd or 4th minute of intermission anyway.

Every new building has a break-in period of a season or two, before the crews figure out its dynamics and how to get the ice "perfect". Mariucci took some time before they got it to where it is today, and the Xcel Center had the same problems after it first opened.

I watched the Denver/UM games and I have never seen such horrible ice as that. The puck was sending up a spray of water and at times would just stop in the puddles while everyone overskated it.

It didn't seem that puddles were a problem, but how they are running the Zamboni's. It looked like 1) the two zamboni's were in a race to see who could be done first, thereby not placing the water evenly and 2) Are they even scraping the ice? I had more ice in my drink than what the zamboni's left when the went off the ice!