SiouxSports.com Forum

Pulling Grieco

Fetch

This has been discussed on here over and over. In case you have forgotten, the team was probably averaging 2 goals a game for Phil last year when he started in net. They could usually score early and often when Parise was in net, but for some reason never when Phil was in net. Hakstol couldn't even explain it.

His stat's last year:

Win-Lose Record: 5-7-0

Save Percentage: .911

Goals Against: 2.61

Those stats are actually really good if you ask me. If I sat down at the beginning of the year as coach of a hockey team and someone told me that my goalie would have those kind of numbers and still not have a winning record, I would laugh in their face. The rest of the team has to do their part, that's why it's a team effort. It's a complex puzzle to me. Without that certain piece of the puzzle, the rest will never fall into place.

I watched him find many different ways to lose a game last year. The pattern is repeating itself this year. Basically the team in front of him doesn't trust him and therefore they are very tentative. That is partially why they didn't score a lot of goals for him.

I'd start splitting the goalie duties until Greico appears ready to go. Sorry to the Phil fans out there but he is not a good D-1 goalie.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched him find many different ways to lose a game last year. The pattern is repeating itself this year. Basically the team in front of him doesn't trust him and therefore they are very tentative. That is partially why they didn't score a lot of goals for him.

I'd start splitting the goalie duties until Greico appears ready to go. Sorry to the Phil fans out there but he is not a good D-1 goalie.

Your probably going to feel the wrath of the Lammy fans. I agree with you too. Will be nice to see who the Sioux bring in during the offseason to share time with Grieco. :lol: