SiouxSports.com Forum

Schedule Bad

The Whistler

I was grabbing my tickets just now and saw that we've only got 7 for sure home games after this weekend.

On the other hand counting this weekend we've had 14 home games already.

Would anyone else appreciate it if we had more games after Christmas when we aren't all so busy?

Think about it. With only four weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas we've had 7 home games. Due to time constraints I've given up two nights just to get a break.

We have the same number of home games in the 10 weeks between Christmas and the playoffs.

Schedule bad it conflicts with my hunting schedule, I missed the C.C. games due to pheasant hunting. Of course the BSU series is basically a home and a home so I can see 8 more games after this weekend. Also, I think this team might play better on the road. Just a hunch.

Schedule bad it conflicts with my hunting schedule, I missed the C.C. games due to pheasant hunting. Of course the BSU series is basically a home and a home so I can see 8 more games after this weekend. Also, I think this team might play better on the road. Just a hunch.

I think that this team may need a bit of an extended road trip to come together. (OK, it sure didn't happen in Alaska.)

The way the Sioux have played at home before Christmas under Hakstol, I wouldn't mind if they scheduled all of our games at home to be played after Christmas. Seriously, when was the last time we had a huge series against our rivals later in the season at home? Also, I thought the league was going to get smart and only schedule non-conference games during the World Junior break. I see the gophers are playing a Friday-Sunday with Mankato, which comes in handy for them being short 5 players. They will at least have a full contingent for one game. The Sioux however have to play CC again and will be missing their 3 players for both games. The WCHA people need to follow through on their talk.

It's not only that we have so many home games before Christmas but this year is not a good year for us at all. Right now the only team in the bottom half of the league that we "get" to play against twice is Mankato. Unless of course you count Wisconsin there. We play one series with Minnesota and Denver and they are both away.

In contrast Minnesota plays Tech twice, Mankato twice, and then they only play us and Denver once and both those series are in Minnesota.

Let's just say a sweep this weekend is a must when you look at the remaining schedule.