SiouxSports.com Forum

A New Section?

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Jim,

I was just thinking. The "North Dakota High School hockey" thread gets so long with so many different conversations in it that it gets hard to read. Now these conversations have meaning to some people and for others looking for game updates they get in the way. So I propose creating a new sub-forum (like the "Hockey" or the "Football" sections under "UND Sports") under the "Community" section of the entire forum. Call it "North Dakota High School sports" or something like that. That way people can post more than one thread for High School hockey; High School football can also go under it.

Thanks

An interesting thought. My first reaction was to envision an "other regional sports" forum, which could include high school sports.

A benefit to giving those topics their own forum is that they could become useful, threaded conversations. Another problem with the current arrangement is that those topics are so active, they will dominate whatever forum they're in. Having them dominate the community forum has been somewhat inconvenient for me, in that I'm not particularly interested in them, but am interested in the rest of the community topics.

I always hesitate to create a new top-level forum. The current 8 are generally visible on most screen sizes. Creating a "regional sports" or "high school sports" or whatever we call it as a subforum of community would solve your problem of wanting those discussions broken out into threads without taking up any more "front page" real estate.

Others thoughts?

I would like it if Basketball had its own forum. Alot of times I just glance at the main page to see what threads have the newest posts and miss alot of posts made regarding basketball when women's hockey or soccer or something has the most recent post. If it had its own forum maybe there would be more discussion about it. The season threads for M & W basketball get long also by the end of the season.

Ok, I added a "non-collegiate sports" subforum to Community. We'll see how that goes.

I'll continue to ponder basketball, as well. The reason that's not quite as automatic is that I would make it a main, front-page forum, which changes the layout of the front-page "real estate". It is a good idea, though. There's enough talk about basketball, now, that having it's own forum would make it easier to create separate threads for each topic, which may stimulate additional discussion.

Ok, I added a "non-collegiate sports" subforum to Community. We'll see how that goes.

I'll continue to ponder basketball, as well. The reason that's not quite as automatic is that I would make it a main, front-page forum, which changes the layout of the front-page "real estate". It is a good idea, though. There's enough talk about basketball, now, that having it's own forum would make it easier to create separate threads for each topic, which may stimulate additional discussion.

As it is now, you have to be a member to access that sub-forum. If you log in as a guest you can't see it.