SiouxSports.com Forum

Demonstrators at Funeral

undsportsfan

As I sit here listening to the news, they've announced demonstrators are planning to come to Grand Forks for the funeral of Cpl Kleinwachter.

They were trying to create something to protect the services, but didn't come up with money... ...is anyone planning or willing to go to protect this family? They are grieving now and I am just appauled by this church group.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who demonstrate at the funerals of soldiers are truly sick and misguided. I would certainly be willing to volunteer to help this fallen soldier and his family receive the dignified funeral they deserve.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=19487

Religious group plans protest at GF soldier's funeral

Herald Staff Report

Published Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church plan a picket protest at the funeral of Cpl. Chris Kleinwachter this weekend, according to a press release from the religious group.

Kleinwachter, a member of the 188th Air Defense Artillery based in Grand Forks, was killed in what Guard officials have ruled an accident. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday.

Members of the religious group, based in Topeka, Kan., have appeared at soldiers' funerals to taunt and heckle family members. During their protests, they display signs celebrating the soldiers' deaths and condemning homosexuality. They say God is punishing the United States for tolerating homosexuality.

Group members have appeared in North Dakota before, at the Fargo funeral of Spc. Michael Hermanson, 21, who was a member of the North Dakota National Guard's 142nd Engineer Combat Battalion.

If I'm snowed in to Grand Forks this weekend, I will help in anyway I can too.

The people who demonstrate at the funerals of soldiers are truly sick and misguided. I would certainly be willing to volunteer to help this fallen soldier and his family receive the dignified funeral they deserve.

There is a motorcycle group from many different locals that usually comes to these events and line up in such a way as to protect the mourners from these radicals. I know it's cold up there but I wonder if they have been contacted? A line of bodies will work just as well. These scumbags should be arrested. Congress did pass a law this year limiting how close these fanatics can come to the church and mourners. I hope the local PD enforces it.

Sorry I can't be there to help. RIP Chris.

There is a motorcycle group from many different locals that usually comes to these events and line up in such a way as to protect the mourners from these radicals. I know it's cold up there but I wonder if they have been contacted? A line of bodies will work just as well.

I believe this is one of the groups.

Linky

As well, a number local American Legions and VFWs may also provide some cover from these goofballs.

I believe this is one of the groups.

Linky

As well, a number local American Legions and VFWs may also provide some cover from these goofballs.

Thanks for the linky ScottM. I emailed them, sent them the Herald link and asked for any help they can provide for this greiving family.

Maybe if some other members also emailed them, they may be able to help even if only in in a small way. They are experienced and can help organize the volunteers so they can be most effective in protecting Chris's family and friends.

contact@patriotguard.org

This may seem really off the wall but I'm sure people would be more than willing to inflict pain against these protestors. I know I am one who would be willing to spend a night in the slammer so one of my friends/family members could have a proper funeral. I think it is either this or the protesters get some significant jail time because all they are trying to do is stir the pot. I know one thing though if I ever see someone protesting a funeral they are going to be physically hurt by me and they will not be able to protest again.

This is flat out unexepable.

This may seem really off the wall but I'm sure people would be more than willing to inflict pain against these protestors. I know I am one who would be willing to spend a night in the slammer so one of my friends/family members could have a proper funeral. I think it is either this or the protesters get some significant jail time because all they are trying to do is stir the pot. I know one thing though if I ever see someone protesting a funeral they are going to be physically hurt by me and they will not be able to protest again.

This is flat out unexepable.

I agree with you about wanting to hurt these devil spawn but that would disrupt the funeral. They would love that to happen. I hope no one attacks them only for this reason. Go there with a friend and shield the families view of them as best you can.

Thanks for the linky ScottM. I emailed them, sent them the Herald link and asked for any help they can provide for this greiving family.

Maybe if some other members also emailed them, they may be able to help even if only in in a small way. They are experienced and can help organize the volunteers so they can be most effective in protecting Chris's family and friends.

contact@patriotguard.org

According to their web site the Patriot Guard will be at the viewing on Friday evening, the funeral on Saturday and also at a prayer service on Saturday evening in Wahpeton. They seem to be very organized. They are going to form an honor line on the way into the funeral and also lead the way from the funeral to the cemetary.

I agree with you about wanting to hurt these devil spawn but that would disrupt the funeral. They would love that to happen. I hope no one attacks them only for this reason. Go there with a friend and shield the families view of them as best you can.

Yea believe me I have thought of this too. I have to agree Sioux-Cia in that if your going to do somthing make sure it is away from the funeral so there isn't a disturbance. I do agree though about wanting to break some bones and I think it is only a matter of time before somthing like this happens.

According to their web site the Patriot Guard will be at the viewing on Friday evening, the funeral on Saturday and also at a prayer service on Saturday evening in Wahpeton. They seem to be very organized. They are going to form an honor line on the way into the funeral and also lead the way from the funeral to the cemetary.

Thanks, 82SiouxGuy! I only looked for the email address. I'm glad they'll be there!

Check out their web site at www.patriotguard.org. They are all about respect, especially for our veterans. They have a picture on their front page welcoming the North Dakota Army Guard unit from Minot home. They also have forums for soldiers that die that may need rides, have rides scheduled or have completed rides.

I emailed them back, thanking them for being there and got a nice reply from Elise Kinstler. Then I read their site and now can't stop bawling.

I wish I still rode bike, I'd be there for every one of them....

I emailed them back, thanking them for being there and got a nice reply from Elise Kinstler. Then I read their site and now can't stop bawling.

I wish I still rode bike, I'd be there for every one of them....

You don't have to ride, they even say that in their mission statement.

It look's like they are doing great work. I had heard about them before but I didn't realize how active or how organized they are. I think they deserve some recognition for the what they are doing to combat the wacko element.

Perhaps anyone who plans on going should maybe take their American Flags and hold them up high and tight, so the signs of the protestors can't be seen?

I wish that there was more jurisdiction over these demonstrators. At Nathan's (Cpl Goodiron) funeral, we were fortunate enough to bar these people off the reservation and let Eileen & family grieve in private.

Maybe the demonstrators need to go live somewhere else so they know why we are at war trying to protect this country...

Unfortunately, they are taking advantage of the very freedom that these soldiers have died protecting. Some laws have been changed recently to keep protests a distance away from the funeral but it isn't always enough. It is too bad that we can't set up an exchange program to send them to Iraq or some place to see the reaction they would get there for their protests.

I am sure that the family would appreciate any support the community can provide.

We've had some of Fred Phelps' "congregation", well actually they're his inbred, extended family, demonstrate at military funerals around here, and various American Legion members, Patriot guard members, and the general public, as well as the police, show up to keep these scumbags away from grieving families. I've seen these so-called "Christians" in action, and their words and actions, while fully protected by the US Constitution and protected by the people they revile, are nothing short of disgusting. :lol::0

I'm pretty confident the local population around the GF area will stand with this family in their time need as well.

Unfortunately, they are taking advantage of the very freedom that these soldiers have died protecting. Some laws have been changed recently to keep protests a distance away from the funeral but it isn't always enough. It is too bad that we can't set up an exchange program to send them to Iraq or some place to see the reaction they would get there for their protests.

I am sure that the family would appreciate any support the community can provide.

that would definitely set them straight.

I'll definitely say prayers for the family and those who will be protecting them this weekend.

i am not in the grand forks area, nor do i know when the funeral is, but it might be a good idea to get a letter to the editor to get some kind of orginization together of communnity members aside from the patriot guard. i know there are hundreds who would do anything you ask.

Perhaps anyone who plans on going should maybe take their American Flags and hold them up high and tight, so the signs of the protestors can't be seen?

I wish that there was more jurisdiction over these demonstrators. At Nathan's (Cpl Goodiron) funeral, we were fortunate enough to bar these people off the reservation and let Eileen & family grieve in private.

Maybe the demonstrators need to go live somewhere else so they know why we are at war trying to protect this country...

I was glad to read that these scumbuckets were not allowed to protest at his funeral. People will never cease to amaze me. These people are the lowest of the low.

i am not in the grand forks area, nor do i know when the funeral is, but it might be a good idea to get a letter to the editor to get some kind of orginization together of communnity members aside from the patriot guard. i know there are hundreds who would do anything you ask.

I just sent an e-mail to Mike McNamara from KNOX to make sure he is aware of the arrangements. For those not in the area, Mac is a retired Marine officer that has just returned from a second tour of Iraq as a part of the Marine Reserves. He does the 9-Noon talk show on KNOX and spends a great deal of time talking about the soldiers and serving the country. He had Cpl. Kleinwachter's mother on his show earlier this week. I am sure that he will get the word out.

I hope no one out there believes this group represents Baptists specifically or Christians in general. After living in three states,New Jersey, Virginia, and South Carolina, I have never met any Baptists who would participate in or agree with their actions. Hopefully they will focus their hearts toward JESUS and leave the families alone.

This group has been in Colorado many times. They want nothing more than for people to start a riot. It gets them publicity and they end up suing, its how they continue to fund their operation. I know it's hard, but the best thing to do is to simply ignor these a-holes. Nothing pisses them off more. Focus your thoughts and prayers with the family and don't give these idiots the satisfaction of knowing they got a reaction.