SiouxSports.com Forum

Lee

sprig

Sorry folks, but this a classic example of people that have no clue. How long have you been watching Brian? Some on here have followed his career for a few years. If you had paid attention you would know what type of player he was. Commie, Greene, Smaby, and many others I'm sure I have omitted gave fans fits for the better part of two seasons. Those guys weren't really dominant until their third year. So, in the nicest, most respectful way that I can, I say you have no clue.

Whats your point? These three weren't good their first two years of college and they aren't even close to stars in the NHL.

Is Matt Smaby in the NHL? NO

Does Greene log more then 3 minutes a game? NO

Does Commodore play more then 3 times a period? No

Will Lee play in the AHL for atleast 2 full seasons? YES

What type of player is he then if you know some much more then us?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greene plays 15 minutes per game. Commodore's shifts must be pretty damn long because he is seeing 21 minutes per game.

Whats your point? These three weren't good their first two years of college and they aren't even close to stars in the NHL.

Hey, why didn't all of you get on the chat yesterday and really put the screws to him, be real men and tell him how it is? Cause you're a bunch of chickenshit's that's why. Let's ask macarsu shall we, her hubby is a scout for Ottawa. Let's go right to the source. Don't trust in what I say, I don't know s&!t. Cmon there macarsu, back me up on this one please.

Finally, #9 picks are supposed to become stars in the nhl. Take 2002 #9 pick Defenseman Dion Phenouf, already a star in the NHL. Take last years #8 pick Peter Muehler, averaging 2 points a game in the WHL this year.

Where did you come up with #9 picks are supposed to become NHL stars? The draft is not a science, especially since it's about projecting where an 18 year old will be in 5-10 years. You try to get more hits than misses, and as much homework as you try to do there are busts. Just look at the baseball draft and start adding up all the busts of HS kids. Why does NFL draft have a better record? Because they're 21/22, not 18, and there's more of the picture already developed from which to make an assessment.

And Brian Lee is not a bust at age 19! If he's not in the NHL in 5 years, yeah, then you're right, it will have been a poor pick at #9. He is a better defensive D-man this year than he was last year. But his biggest asset is his offensive ability from the blue line, especially on the power play. It is a total falsehood that you can only have defensive D-men! Now, you can't have 6 offensive defensmen, but, if you are going to be a totally well rounded team, you need at least one offensive D-man. For the Sioux, right now, that's Brian Lee, and he's good in that department.

Do I wish he was better in his own end, yes. Do I wish he would lay the lumber more often, yes. But, you know, some days I wish I could be golfing in Arizona during the winters, too. You don't always get what you wish for! I am satisfied with Lee's development, and I think he's a good kid who will continue to improve. Obviously the coaches see something in him too, and I trust their judgment.

Peter Mueller would not average 2 points per game in the WCHA. And yet, Brian Lee, as a defensman, would probably average between 1-2 points per game in the WHL. Apples and oranges to try and compare leagues, though.

Now, I do think I would not pair Lee with Finley, but that's for another thread all together, isn't it!

Sorry folks, but this a classic example of people that have no clue. How long have you been watching Brian? Some on here have followed his career for a few years. If you had paid attention you would know what type of player he was. Commie, Greene, Smaby, and many others I'm sure I have omitted gave fans fits for the better part of two seasons. Those guys weren't really dominant until their third year. So, in the nicest, most respectful way that I can, I say you have no clue.

:lol: Yeah I forgot. Lee's pro. He is god.

Lives to bitch06 probably has never seen a good hockey player is his life,bitter you got cut from peewees there little guy. If your really nice maybe the Sioux players will sign you crying towel. Commadore and Greene will have long careers in the NHL and you will still be the bitter little weasel complaining on message boards that they stink,have no talent etc. Lives to Bitch don't go away mad just go away :0;):lol: This post can go for Lopsided too.

Your point is that #9 picks are supposed to become NHL stars, and as one of your examples you choose a guy who hasn't played in the NHL yet.

As for where Lee ranks in the list of current UND defensemen, thanks for the chuckle.

What I meant was Muehler will be the best player on Team USA this year as an 18 year old. Maybe the best forward in the tournement.

He has big shoes to fill and as of right now he is showing no signs of being able to fill them. You look at other top ten picks of recent years: Kovlachuck, Spezza, Stahl, Vanek, Nash, Lupul, Bouchard ,Gaborik, Heatly, DiPietro, Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Pouliot. These are the players Ottawa expects him to become, not a Smaby or Greene or a Commodore.

No one is on here saying we don't want Brian to become an NHL star. We are staying that we don't see that happening.

:lol: Yeah I forgot. Lee's pro. He is god.

Nobody said that. It just seem's people are looking for a scapegoat here and blaming Brian for some of this team's shortcoming's. The point I've tried to make is this, would it really matter how he performed if we were 13-1-3 and ranked #1 in the country? I highly doubt it.

Lives to bitch06 probably has never seen a good hockey player is his life,bitter you got cut from peewees there little guy. If your really nice maybe the Sioux players will sign you crying towel. Commadore and Greene will have long careers in the NHL and you will still be the bitter little weasel complaining on message boards that they stink,have no talent etc. Lives to Bitch don't go away mad just go away :0;):lol: This post can go for Lopsided too.

Yea I either said they stink or that they weren't NHL standouts. It was one of the two.

Your right I don't know anything about hockey talent.

What I meant was Muehler will be the best player on Team USA this year as an 18 year old. Maybe the best forward in the tournement.

He has big shoes to fill and as of right now he is showing no signs of being able to fill them. You look at other top ten picks of recent years: Kovlachuck, Spezza, Stahl, Vanek, Nash, Lupul, Bouchard ,Gaborik, Heatly, DiPietro, Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Pouliot. These are the players Ottawa expects him to become, not a Smaby or Greene or a Commodore.

No one is on here saying we don't want Brian to become an NHL star. We are staying that we don't see that happening.

No way is Mueller the best forward for Team USA, I don't think he could lift Okposo's jock.

Trying to be as objective as possible, I see the situation where I think Lee excels in some areas and is weak in other areas. He can contol the puck and move the puck and control the power play as good as anyone in the league, in my opinion. That being said, you don't have to be a huge hitter on d but you must play the body and have a physical presence in your own end and I don't think Lee is very good in that area at this point in his career. I am sure with his size and his skills, that will continue to improve upon. With the skill set he has, the new rules in the NHL and the improvements I am sure he will make in a Sioux uniform, he should have a very promissing career in the NHL.

Thats a good point. That is what top ten picks are expected to become, and apparently Mike Commodore and Matt Greene are stand outs in the NHL now along with Matt Smaby. When did this happen? I didn't see Greene play at all in the playoffs last year? and Smaby isn't even in the NHL. Muehler is a stud.

Where's Bobby Ryan? He was the 2nd pick of the draft maybe 2 years ago and he can't even crack a U.S. National Team, let alone crack an NHL lineup. Why is every player you you listed either a forward or a goaltender? I would hope that Ottawa doesn't want Lee to turn into a player like the ones you mentioned. Vanek? Did you watch him last year? No, cause he rode the pine in the playoffs when it mattered. This year he started to figure out that he's gotta play both ends of the ice and is flourishing. Stahl? He's 2-3 years into his development in the NHL. Bouchard? Another player with 3 years experience in the NHL who is starting to show some promise in his 2nd and 3rd years. There are always a few exceptions to the rule, like Crosby, Malking, Ovechkin. But how well would these 3 players produce points in the old NHL as a rookie? Their numbers would be way, way, lower.

I would think that anyone who follows hockey knows that it takes defenseman the longest to adjust to the NHL game from college. Hell, defensemen are usually the slowest to develop in most leagues, whether it be college, high school, pro, etc...

Thats a good point. That is what top ten picks are expected to become, and apparently Mike Commodore and Matt Greene are stand outs in the NHL now along with Matt Smaby. When did this happen? I didn't see Greene play at all in the playoffs last year? and Smaby isn't even in the NHL. Muehler is a stud.

You didn't see Greene in the playoff's last year? I guess you didn't watch many games then, simply laughable. You are right about one thing, Smaby hasn't cracked the lineup, yet, but he will count on that.