SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU Ads on SS.com

Bigdog42

The way that works is that advertisers buy ad space associated with keywords, and their ads are displayed on sites that match those keywords.

In this case, NDSU must have bought ads for display on pages about "North Dakota" or "North Dakota" & "University" or some such combination (or perhaps even "Sioux"). I personally think it's kind of funny, but since you all don't seem to, I do have some control (there's a facility for blocking "competitors" ads, so if Coke is displaying ads, and Pepsi bought adspace on all pages about cola, Coke doesn't end up displaying a Pepsi ad). Of course, having a thread titled "NDSU" on the front page is just going to make even more NDSU ads appear :huh:

The whole thing is modestly experimental, hence its appearance on that single page. Don't worry, I refuse to have the site end up looking like this, rather I'm trying to see if I can fit in some relevant unobtrusive text ads.

The way that works is that advertisers buy ad space associated with keywords, and their ads are displayed on sites that match those keywords.

In this case, NDSU must have bought ads for display on pages about "North Dakota" or "North Dakota" & "University" or some such combination (or perhaps even "Sioux"). I personally think it's kind of funny, but since you all don't seem to, I do have some control (there's a facility for blocking "competitors" ads, so if Coke is displaying ads, and Pepsi bought adspace on all pages about cola, Coke doesn't end up displaying a Pepsi ad). Of course, having a thread titled "NDSU" on the front page is just going to make even more NDSU ads appear :huh:

The whole thing is modestly experimental, hence its appearance on that single page. Don't worry, I refuse to have the site end up looking like this, rather I'm trying to see if I can fit in some relevant unobtrusive text ads.

jimdahl

If advertising is needed to help defray costs...I am willing to donate (just tell me how). Or print up some window decals with "www.SiouxSports.com - Supporting Member" and sell them for $20. I will need at least two...

Thanks for all you do.

Defray costs with SiouxSports.com merchandise! I'd be buyin' some!
Yeah, you wouldn't know I'm highly trained in brand management, because I've really sucked at managing the SiouxSports.com brand.

I've been meaning to do merchandise forever, but have always been hung up by not having a single official logo. I've been meaning to commission a logo for ages, but never have.

So, I've created quite a few logoless sweatshirts and so forth for myself, but nothing for public consumption. Of course, the nice thing about owning the only SiouxSports.com merchandise myself is that when you see it, you know it's either me or Mrs. SiouxSports.com.

Yeah, you wouldn't know I'm highly trained in brand management, because I've really sucked at managing the SiouxSports.com brand.

I've been meaning to do merchandise forever, but have always been hung up by not having a single official logo. I've been meaning to commission a logo for ages, but never have.

So, I've created quite a few logoless sweatshirts and so forth for myself, but nothing for public consumption. Of course, the nice thing about owning the only SiouxSports.com merchandise myself is that when you see it, you know it's either me or Mrs. SiouxSports.com.

So how about this- have a 'create a logo' contest....winner gives the logo to SiouxSports and in exchange gets a couple articles of clothing with the logo they created on it.